INTER MIAMI striker Gonzalo Higuain has declared that the MLS outfit are keen to sign Lionel Messi in the future.
But the 33-year-old has ruled out his Argentine compatriot departing Europe until at least 2023 following his summer switch to Paris Saint-Germain .
Messi penned an initial two-year deal at Parc des Princes, with the option of a further year.
A move to America has long been speculated for the 2021 Copa America winner, with Higuain confirming that Inter president and co-owner David Beckham has ambitions plans for the club.
Though he has been reluctant to state whether the Barcelona legend, who he played with at three consecutive World Cups, will join the team.
“He signed for two years with PSG. The club wants it – we’ll see.”
But should Messi link up with Miami, he won’t be playing alongside Higuain after the Real Madrid icon stated he plans to have a break after the 2022 season.
Most read in football
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
He remarked: “I have another year on my contract, then I’ll take a sabbatical away from football and everything.”
Messi is yet to score from his two PSG outings , with the player starting for the first time in the 1-1 away draw against Club Brugge in the Champions League.
Following their disappointing result in Belgium, Michael Owen has claimed he believes PSG’s signing of Messi has made them WEAKER .
He commented: “As much as we drool over them, this PSG team with those forwards, they’re all phenomenal players in their own right.
“But three together makes it weaker for me and I don’t really understand why they’re one of the favourites for it [the Champions League].
“I think the English teams [Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Man Utd] are far, far superior.
- Lionel Messi: It makes me angry that people say I run the Argentina team
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Liverpool add Ajax's David Neres to transfer target list
- Messi's red card overshadows Argentina's encouraging win and Chile's end of an era
- Guardiola targeted for Argentina manager's job, says report
- Pep Guardiola targeted for Argentina job and more transfer rumours
- Transfer Talk: PSG plan shock £100m move for Zaha
- Transfer Talk: Neymar turns to Juventus for PSG exit
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Brooks on the books for Manchester United?
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Solskjaer playing long game with Sancho
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Barcelona turn to Pablo Fornals as Man City, PSG battle for Frenkie de Jong
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Inter target two players watched by Man United
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Man Utd willing to pay Sanchez to play for Roma
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea chase Chilwell to strengthen fragile defence
- Transfer Talk: Arsenal plot move for new Brazil star Everton
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Real Madrid ready for Eriksen, then Poch
- A Strawman in England: FC Barcelona, a Shell Company and Messi's Father
- Transfer Talk: Dembele, Mandzukic top United's winter wish list
- Cristiano Ronaldo Juventus Transfer: President Flies to Greece to Finalize Deal With Real Madrid Superstar
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United, City in £100m battle for Sancho
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Barcelona scouting Napoli duo Koulibaly, Fabian
Inter Miami CONFIRM club want to seal Lionel Messi transfer but Gonzalo Higuain says it might not be until after 2023 have 639 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.