A missing woman claimed she had been fighting with her boyfriend and was reduced to tears in disturbing police footage.
Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito was last known to be in Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park in the US in late August before communication with her family suddenly stopped.
She had been traveling with her fiancé Brian Laundrie in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida plates, which authorities say has been recovered.
Police have since released bodycam footage of the woman, recorded on August 12 during a cross-country road trip in Utah, the US.
In the sinister footage, the crying 22-year-old can be heard telling police officers that she had been fighting with her boyfriend.
In the newly released police video, an officer asks the woman why she was crying, to which she says: “I'm sorry, we've just been fighting this morning. Some personal issues.”
Laundrie says: “It was a long day. We were camping yesterday.”
The man apologises for hitting a “bump” in the road and Ms Petito says: “I was distracting him, I'm sorry.”
She tells officers that she scratched and slapped Mr Laundrie, adding: '”I was trying to get him to stop telling me to calm down.”
The officer separated the pair for the night but no charges were filed after the incident.
Laundrie became a person of interest after she was reported missing by her family a month later.
He Laundrie has not been charged by officers but has so far declined to be interviewed by investigators.
The couple reportedly started their drive across the US in July from New York’s Long Island, where they both grew up.
On their road trip, they had hoped to reach Oregon by Halloween according to their social media accounts.
But 22-year-old Petito vanished after her last known contact with family in late August.
A Youtube video named ‘Van Life: Beginning our Van Life Journey’ is full of romantic and joyful scenes from the couple’s campervan road trip.
Laundrie drove the vehicle home alone on September 1.
A missing perons report was filed last Saturday with police in Suffolk County, New York.
Joe Petito, Gabrielle’s father, has criticised the boyfriend for “sitting home in his lazy boy chair” instead of doing something to help find his missing girlfriend, MailOnline reports.
He also said that the new developments in the case gave him the feeling that the relationship was “not what you thought it was.”
But he said he wants the focus to remain on locating his missing daughter.
Investigators say that it remains a missing person inquiry and not a murder probe.
However, they revealed they are looking at a potential connection with the unsolved killing of two women at a campsite near Moab.
Their bodies were found just six days after the incident between Laundrie and Petito.
- Sarah on Her Relationship With YouTuber Onision: 'Why Did You Think This Was OK?'
- Everything You Missed From Fox and iHeartRadio’s Big ‘Living Room Concert for America’
- Zoë and the Trolls
- 'People don't want to hear about that kind of thing': Boris repeatedly refuses to answer questions about 'plate-smashing, screaming row' at leadership hustings - but Carrie stays away
- Bella Thorne Reveals She and Ex Tana Mongeau 'Are No Longer Good': 'She Broke Girl Code'
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Pence defends response, says Trump never 'belittled' virus threat
- 20 of the best travel films
- Best summer books 2018, as picked by writers and cultural figures – part two
- Documentary showing a Chinese virus researcher catching wild bats inside Hubei caves fuels conspiracy theory that the coronavirus may have originated in Wuhan's CDC
- Corona Chronicles: Volume II
- The Abyss of Hate Versus Hate
- Boris breaks cover: Defiant would-be PM REFUSES to discuss 'loved-ones' in first interview since row with lover Carrie Symonds – saying it's 'not fair' to drag them into his politics
- As celebs admit they’re struggling with mental health during lockdown, experts share top tips for coping
- Jenelle Evans Hints Her 'Teen Mom 2' Contract Is up, Drawing Backlash and David Eason Criticisms
- 'The day was full of joy and love': how people are getting married while in lockdown
- Noel Gallagher reveals he often comes close to AGREEING to Oasis reunion with estranged brother Liam but realised he 'would only be doing it to shut that f*****g idiot up'
- Jenelle Evans Sidesteps Recent Concerning Comments in Wake of David Eason Reunion: 'Stop Assuming'
- Watch: How One Flight Attendant Copes in Coronavirus Quarantine
- Starbucks Employees Got Sick. Starbucks Stores Stayed Open.
- Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab unveils £75m repatriation plan to fly home 'tens of thousands' of Britons stranded abroad due to coronavirus crisis
Gabby Petito: Video of missing YouTuber crying after 'argument with boyfriend' emerges have 763 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.