Children at a London primary school have been left 'devastated' after the body of a popular teacher was found in a park.
Sabina Nessa, 28, who was discovered on Saturday, has been described as 'absolutely dedicated to her pupils'.
Specialist support is being offered to those deeply affected by the 'shocking incident'.
Her body was found in Cator Park, near the OneSpace community centre on Kidbrooke Park Road in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
A man in his 40s was arrested on suspicion of killing her but has been released under further investigation.
Police are treating the death as murder but an initial post-mortem investigation did not reveal a conclusive cause of death.
Lisa Williams, head of Rushey Green Primary School where she worked in Lewisham, said: 'We are devastated by Sabina's tragic death.
'She was a brilliant teacher; she was kind, caring and absolutely dedicated to her pupils.
'She had so much life ahead of her and so much more to give and her loss is desperately sad.
'As a school we are supporting each other through this very difficult time, and we will be providing specialist support to those who need it.'
The young teacher had been working at the primary school since last summer and had previously spent almost three years helping non-English speakers learn language skills.
Sabina studied sociology at the University of Greenwich before going on to complete her teaching qualification at the University of Bedfordshire.
Detective chief inspector Joe Garrity urged anyone who might have been in the park around the time of the incident and seen someone acting suspiciously to contact police.
He said: 'Sabina was found near the OneSpace community centre which we know is a facility used by lots of people and we would ask anyone who was in or around the area and who may have any information to come forward.
'Did you see someone loitering or acting suspiciously? Or, did you see someone leaving the area in a hurry, perhaps running away? If you have any information, it is vital you tell us.
'We are working around the clock to deliver justice for the family of this young woman, and we need your help to do it.'
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] .
For more stories like this, check our news page .
Sign Up for News Updates
Get your need-to-know latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and more
Not convinced? Find out more »
- Mohali school teacher’s murder was contract killing, say police; arrest mother of live-in partner
- Primary school pupils face rise in large classes
- Homa Bay teacher charged with murder of pupil, baby
- 'One teacher refused to teach jihad. They stoned her to death': Woman forced to work in ISIS schools reveals how staff had to focus on Koran verses about murder and war... or be killed
- ‘The children come in hungry to learn’: Birmingham school with winning recipe
- Married high school English teacher, 29, sobs as she is jailed for sleeping with male student, 16, while her husband-to-be was away on his bachelor party
- US School Violence Fast Facts
- Nuh schools in need of lessons
- Grammar schools: back to the bad old days of inequality
- US Army war simulator modified to prepare teachers for school shootings
- Free schools anxiously await first full set of GCSE results
- EXCLUSIVE: Groom whose best man brother punched his new bride and dragged her downstairs by her dress in drunken wedding reception rampage is soldier on trial for ATTEMPTED MURDER
- Sheffield incident: Two children dead after police swoop on house near school
- School playing fields: 21 sell-offs have been approved by coalition
- Jenn Ashworth: Why I refused to go to school
- EXCLUSIVE: Identical twin of man who killed teacher and bride-to-be Stephanie Scott finally reveals why he tried to destroy evidence by selling her jewellery - and says he never wants to see his brother again
- Was sailor murdered by a serial killer? For 30 years, mystery has surrounded the disappearance of teenage Navy recruit Simon Parkes. But now police are digging for clues in Gibraltar... as double-killer suspected of his murder eyes prison release
- Police investigating the death of Harley Watson, 12, in a horror hit-and-run say a car mounting a pavement at a nearby school on the same day was not linked
- White cop is charged with murder after shooting dead 28-year-old black woman in her own home during a wellness check
- Fatal legacy of the posh boys playing at being gangsters: Yaseen won a scholarship to private school. But he tells how his best friend died after being stabbed by a wealthy pal who- like so many privileged teens- revelled in a violent drug culture
First picture of primary school teacher, 28, found ‘murdered and dumped in park’ have 778 words, post on metro.co.uk at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.