The initial X-ray was negative and Jeudy has been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain, a source told ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, confirming a report by NFL Network.
Jeudy suffered the injury on a third-and-7 play from the Giants’ 33-yard line with just under nine minutes remaining in the third quarter. Broncos quarterback Teddy Bridgewater fired a pass to Jeudy along the left sideline for a 20-yard reception.
As Jeudy was tackled by Giants cornerback James Bradberry , his right leg became pinned as the players fell to the ground. Jeudy immediately grabbed his right ankle after the play as Broncos trainers rushed onto the field.
Jeudy was quickly put on a cart as his teammates gathered around him, and was taken to the locker room.
Jeudy, the Broncos’ first-round pick in the 2020 draft, had been poised for a big season. He had six receptions for 72 yards in Sunday’s game.
- Source tells AP: Redskins will fire Zorn on Monday
- Lineup calls: QB, RB, WR
- How NFL teams approach uncapped free agency
- Day 5: NFL free-agency blog
- NFL notebook: Ramsey credits QB he trash-talked
- Lineup calls: Orton takes on Dallas
- Moving the chains: RBs by committee
- RB committee update: Panthers starting to roar
- Ranking the NFL: Insider grading on every franchise
- Magic, Celtics have problems to solve
- Countdown: NFL’s opening Sunday is finally here
- Countdown: Previewing every NFL game
- Countdown: Running game could be key for Giants
- 7 Points: Ravens need a receiver now
- NFL Countdown: Previewing Week 3’s games
- Countdown: Giants, Eagles QBs have been shaky
- Schein 9: Pundits foolishly gave up on Cardinals
- 2009 team preview: New England Patriots
- Lineup calls: Tough matchups for LT, Moreno
- Energy & Environmental Law Update - August 11, 2014
Denver Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy carted off with lower leg injury; initial X-ray negative, source says have 295 words, post on abcnews.go.com at September 12, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.