A PREGNANT mum urged to abort after her waters broke at 20 weeks had her baby ten weeks later and he has thrived.
Little Chester Rice was given only a one per cent chance of survival and was born to mum Ann weighing just 1lb 8oz.
The mum of three was told she would naturally miscarry after her waters broke and was sent home with just antibiotics.
Ann said: "I was told to rest until I miscarried and my baby wouldn't survive past 48 hours."
She added: "Another doctor said, 'We advise you to terminate as there was a risk to my life'."
But Ann, 36, and husband Chris, 38, went ahead and Chester is now nine months old.
The tot has lung disease and needs oxygen.
But Ann added: "He's happy, he's a lovely little boy. He's always smiling, even after everything he's gone through."
Most read in The Sun
- What really happened in that harrowing migrant rescue video: TWO newborn babies fell into water but rescuers could only save one as distraught mother screamed 'where's my baby?'
- Boris’s dad broke his mum's nose: Explosive new biography lifts the lid on PM's affairs, family feuds - and the domestic violence incident that put his mother in hospital
- Couple whose baby had limbs amputated after 'falling ill' on cruise ship seeking damages
- Abortions resume in South Dakota after a 7-month halt
- Woman born with no womb and told she'd never be a mum celebrates baby joy
- Baby who was born 13 weeks premature and not breathing in a bathroom on his parents' babymoon is thriving after surviving a bleed to the brain, E coli, collapsed lungs, two hernias and laser eye surgery
- The great COVID getaway: Millions of Americans carry on with their holiday plans ahead of Thanksgiving despite CDC advice to stay home as cases top 12 MILLION and hospitalizations reach 82k
- Abortion is legal in Namibia, but only if a woman is in danger or has been sexually abused. Activists are demanding reform
- Leaked George Soros Plan to Turn Ireland into a Pro-Abortion Country
- Parents placed baby on vegan diet that was so extreme she suffered brain damage
- Pro-Abortion Kamala Harris Tells Trump Admin: ‘A Society Is Judged Based On How It Treats Children’
- Heavily-pregnant wife, 39, of church minister, 39, jumped in front of 115mph train six days after learning their unborn baby could be facially disfigured, inquest hears
- Woman born with no womb who was told she would never have kids becomes a mum
- The parenting tips Millie Radford can learn from her mum-of-22 Sue, from strict play times to how to get a baby to sleep
- I carried my daughter for 10 weeks after she died in the womb in the hope her twin would survive
- Stacey Solomon’s best thrifty mum tips – from the best way to nab cheap clothes to making sure there’s NO food waste
- Mum's heartache as her baby dies in the womb at eight months from rare disease
- Britain’s biggest family gets even bigger as Millie Radford, 19, gives birth to baby daughter Ophelia
- Vegan Parents Avoid Jail After Strict Plant-Based Diet Leaves Baby Severely Brain Damaged
- System failed vulnerable and premature baby hurled at ceiling by abusive dad
Baby thriving after mum whose waters broke at 20 weeks rejects medical advice to have abortion have 619 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.