Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito have signed on for a Twins sequel.
The original film was released in 1988 and saw the Hollywood actors play long-lost separated-at-birth twins.
Now they want to take the hilarious plot even further by realising they are actually triplets, with Tracy Morgan playing the third brother.
Director and producer Ivan Reitman told Deadline : “Twins was quite successful, and some years after, this whole thing started with Arnold meeting Eddie Murphy, and the suggestion came from one of them.
“It was, ‘I should be a triplet, that could be a very funny comedy.’ We started a script with Eddie, and after the success he had with Amazon Prime on Coming 2 America , he got himself booked up heavily.
“I’d been good friends with Tracy Morgan for a long time and always thought he was one of the funniest men in the world.
“I thought he would make a terrific triplet, and we rewrote the whole script for him. Now, we’ll go out and try and put the money together and get it made.”
Ivan shared a sneak peek at what the official plot of the film will be.
“Secretly, there was a third baby born, a Black baby, who hasn’t been in touch with his siblings,” Reitman explained to Deadline .
“They don’t know each other and very early in the movie they meet and it’s how they achieve a bond together after all these years. It’s really a film about family and, no matter how different we all are, we have to learn to get along.
“These guys have great chemistry together, and you can see that in the reel, and how much energy they bring out in each other.”
Arnold has long wanted to make a sequel to the hit film, telling LADbible back in 2019 that he hoped to be able to get the team back together soon.
“For a long time I’ve dreamed about doing a sequel to Twins called Triplets,” he told us.
“But people will say wait a minute how did that happen, two white guys, one black guy, what happened with the sperm, how many people participated in this whole thing? But that’s funny."
Get the latest updates on all the things Hollywood, TV and showbiz by signing up to the Daily Star showbiz newsletter .
- ‘Ghostbusters II’: Return of the Money-Making Slime
- Every Action Star That Needs to Be in Expendables 4
- Who needs the cinema? Film buff couple recreate scenes from their favourite movies during lockdown using props including toilet roll and kitchen gadgets
- Tim Burton Wanted This Horror Icon as the Joker in 1989's Batman
- 2010's Summer Movie Preview Spectacular in 3D Duo-Vision - Part 1!
- Coronavirus live updates: Vice President Pence blames governors for nation’s low testing numbers
- Coronavirus live updates: Contamination at CDC laboratory faulted for bad tests
- Coronavirus live updates: Federal government says $300 billion in stimulus relief coming this week
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: April 17-18
- Coronavirus live updates: SF tradition of honoring quake victims quietly continues
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area nursing homes hit hard
- Coronavirus live updates: California sends 50 ventilators to Michigan
- Coronavirus live updates: SF to require face masks
- Coronavirus live updates: Japan hospitals overrun, patients turned away
- Coronavirus live updates: California cases up 5.3%
- Coronavirus live updates: Governor says California has 15,999 hotel rooms for homeless
- Coronavirus live updates: Los Angeles deaths hit record
- Coronavirus live updates: Among hardest hit, SF nursing home has 60 cases
- Coronavirus live updates: Hard-hit SF nursing home has 60 cases
- Coronavirus live updates: 95 more coronavirus deaths, California’s worst day
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito sign up for Twins sequel ‘called Triplets’ have 584 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.