Tonight’s Apple Launch event unveiled not only the new iPhone 13, but many more devices and products – including a surprise iPad announcement.
The iPhone 13 launch has seen Apple add some major new features to their handset models, from 1TB storage to souped-up new screens.
Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed that iPhone 13 will be available in four different models, including:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max, which includes up to 1TB of storage
- iPhone 13 Mini, which is available in a range of colours including pink
“People love iPhone, and we keep making iPhone better, more powerful, and even more easy to use,” Cook said.
Read on to see all the new features and products announced – and where to buy the Apple iPhone 13.
Where to order the iPhone 13
You can buy an iPhone 13 now via the Apple Store – you just need to create or verify an Apple account. Be warned, though – the website may experience an outage due to sudden demand.
You can also nab yours in advance online via third party retailers such as Amazon, Argos, and Currys – or via your mobile network.
The iPhone 13: key specs and new features
Price: Apple will not be increasing the price of the new iPhones , despite them using more expensive chipsets than before. Prices for the iPhone 13 Mini will start at around £699, while the standard iPhone 13 costs £799.
Processor: A15 Bionic claims to be 50 percent faster than the closest competition, including a 4-core GPU for faster, better graphics. It also includes a souped-up ‘Neural Engine’ for AI functions.
Battery: The new iPhone 13 range has larger batteries than before, with the ‘Pro Max’ model seeing an 18-20 percent larger battery – making it the biggest battery ever in an iPhone.
Camera : Many of the major changes to the iPhone this time around are to the camera. It has a new camera with a wider lens, and is also set to include a portrait filming mode along with a larger camera array and an upgraded ‘night mode’ that will allow you to take some killer snaps of the stars. For filmmakers out there, the new iPhone 13 includes a ‘cinematic mode’ for video that adds new movie-style focus features.
The iPhone Pro Max has been given what Apple calls the ‘biggest iPhone camera upgrade ever’, adding a new telescopic lens, ultra wide and wide lenses. They also feature an enhanced ‘night mode’ for better pictures in low light.
Storage: The iPhone 13 will feature a whopping 1TB of storage, compared to 512GB on the iPhone 12 Pro Max. The iPhone 13 Mini, meanwhile, bottoms out at 64GB and 128GB.
Weight and size: Device weight and thickness will increase across the board, particularly with the flagship ‘Pro Max’ model. The ‘iPhone 13 Mini’ is likely to be more affordable – at the cost of some screen size. Both the standard iPhone and iPhone 13 Mini will share the same design format.
Colours: The iPhone 13 is available in midnight black, blue, pink, white and PRODUCT (Red). Meanwhile, the Pro models will be available in graphite, silver, gold, and bronze.
New iPads now available
This year’s iPads feature a new processor, the A13 Bionic, which provides 20 percent faster performance across the range.
Cameras have also received a bump. The standard iPad and the iPad Mini both feature an upgraded front camera with a new 12 megapixel ultrawide lens, as well as a snazzy new function for Facetime called Center Stage. This uses AI to dynamically follow people on video chats, zoom in on their faces, and adjust the frame.
There’s also a few alterations to iPad OS 15. It includes new features such as TrueTone, which adjusts the screen to the colour temperature of the room you’re in. It also supports a lot of new accessories including detachable keyboards.
The iPad Mini has had what Apple calls the biggest upgrade yet, with new cameras front and back, 5G connectivity, support for Apple pencil, and a bigger screen than before.
You can order the new iPads here and receive yours next week.
Apple Watch 7
The Apple Launch event also featured new announcements on the Apple Watch Series 7.
The new Apple Watch has a significantly upgraded display, with a curved screen and smaller bezel edge. It also includes full keyboard support and a reinforced dust and crack-resistant screen.
For wearable fitness fans, Apple are adding tons of new features to Fitness+, including pilates, guided meditation, group workouts, and some new winter sports.
The Apple Watch will feature new colours, bands, and watchfaces which allow people to customise their Apple watches. Like before, it comes in three models: the more affordable Series 3 at £199, the Apple Watch SE at £279, with the higher-end Series 7 coming in at £399. It’s available to buy now here .
- China's online chatter muted ahead of Apple iPhone 7 launch
- Apple to announce iPad 3 in early March: report
- New Apple iPhones selling for $1,550-3,300 in Vietnam
- Apple to hold iPad event on Oct. 16: Re/Code
- Apple to debut 'iPad 3' in March: report
- U.S. to review Qualcomm's complaints about Apple iPhone patents
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus outselling smaller model, Piper survey finds
- Apple orders 5-6 million watches: WSJ
- Apple unveils premium iPhone XS, health features for watch
- iPhone XS, XR and the Apple Watch Series 4 launch: 5 things to know
- Apple expected to unveil new iPhones at Sep 12 event
- Vietnam leads global interest in new iPhone
- Apple breaches $1 trillion stock market valuation
- Fewer orders at Apple suppliers could signal first iPhone sales decline
- Apple's new iPads sport modest upgrades but short on "wow"
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- Discounts, advertising spur brisk Apple Watch sales
- Apple cuts outlook, sees "challenges" in China and emerging markets
- Apple tests smartwatch market with quiet debut of Cook's first product
- Apple adds touch screen keys to MacBook Pro, price jump startles some
Apple iPhone 13, iPads, and Apple Watch: New features, where to buy, and pricing have 976 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.