UK weather: Met Office forecasts sunny spells and cloud
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The latest heat maps from Netweather have turned deep red to show sizzling highs of 35C gripping France, which is located in the Mediterranean, on Monday, August 16. These shades are then seen pushing up towards the south of England on the same day, potentially helping temperatures to soar to a sweltering 30C in London, Essex and Kent. Elsewhere, Hertfordshire, Doncaster, Leeds, Brighton and Birmingham could also bake in highs of 27C. The BBC predicted high pressure from the Mediterranean Sea to help send the hot air towards the UK in August.
The long-range forecast between Monday, August 16, and Sunday, August, 29, said there could beb another heatwave this month, although it is still too early to confirm this.
The forecast said: ” As high pressure slowly pushes northward from the Mediterranean Sea, low pressure systems caught in the storm track and driven by the jet stream will be deflected northward too.
“Drier weather should spread in from the south, and this will also bring in a warmer, more tropical air mass to the UK.
“Temperatures should trend warmer than normal into late August, with some warm days possible if high pressure moves overhead for too long.
UK hot weather forecast: High pressure is set to sweep the UK (Image: GETTY/WXCHARTS)
“If the high does linger overhead, a heatwave may develop, but confidence is low on this.
“Chances for heat increase later in the month, but high pressure will need to move into the correct spot for this to pan out.
“Later in August there are some encouraging signs for more influential high pressure, at least for a few weeks, bringing some drier and warmer weather.
“This does come with a slight chance of a late-summer heat wave, but at the moment this is only a risk.”
UK hot weather forecast: Temperatures could reach 35C in France (Image: NETWEATHER)
The Met Office also expected temperatures to be above normal during this period.
However, the long-range forecast did also warn of thundery showers due to the heat and humidity.
The forecast between Monday, August 16, and Monday, August 30, said: “Whilst there are current signals of a drier and warmer than average period from the middle of August, occasional spells of more unsettled weather, primarily in the northwest, remains possible.
“Accompanying this is a low risk of short-lived thundery spells, these mainly in southeastern parts.
Heatwave forecast: Hellish 50C desert air to bake Europe – freak event [MAPS] UK hot weather forecast: 28C Azores heatwave heads for Britain [FORECAST] BBC Weather: Storm Evert to batter UK with heavy rain and 60mph winds [VIDEO]
UK hot weather: South-eastern parts of the UK could see the hottest air (Image: WXCHARTS)
“Confidence through this period remains low at present.
“However, most should see dry and fine weather.
“Above average temperatures continue to be indicated through the remainder of August, with possibly even very warm conditions at times in southern areas.”
Brian Gaze, a forecaster at Weather Outlook, warned of mixed conditions of showers and warm spells hitting the UK during the first part of August.
UK weather forecast: High pressure is set to help temperatures soar (Image: WXCHARTS)
But he added “very warm periods” could then arrive as the month progresses.
He said: “In the first half of August, mixed with showers or longer periods of rain but also warm and fine spells. The driest weather will probably be in the south and east, but a heightened risk of heavy showers or thunderstorms means local variations could be large.
“Temperatures should be above average when aggregated over the period as a whole.
“In the second half, the chance of settled and very warm periods increases. Showery spells of rain are still probable, particularly in the north and west.”
- UK weather forecast: Britain to be hotter than Ibiza with 35C scorcher
- Met Office weather forecast – Britain set to be hotter than Benidorm with temperatures to hit 36C this weekend
- Weather forecast – ‘African heat flare’ to bring 10-DAY UK heatwave next week after 25C today
- Can you give dogs ice cubes to cool them down during the hot weather?
- UK weather forecast – Another 37C SCORCHER today but thunderstorms may strike anywhere, Met Office warns
- Coronavirus: How to stay cool in a face mask as hot UK weather forecast
- UK weather – African heatwave set to sizzle the UK as Brits prepare for 35C weekend of sunshine
- Weather forecast – Met Office issue level 2 health warning for 36C heatwave in UK this week
- UK weather forecast – Brits to bake in 37C TOMORROW as Met Office issues amber health alert for hottest day of the year
- UK weather forecast: Brits hit the beach as 36C heatwave begins – and it’s here to stay
- Met Office weather forecast – UK may break record for hottest day EVER tomorrow as 38C on cards
- How do you cool down in hot weather?
- UK weather forecast in your area for Friday as 37C heatwave hits
- UK weather forecast – Britain braced for severe thunderstorms as ‘danger to life’ warnings issued across country
- UK weather forecast: Temperatures plunge 14C in 24 hours after 37.8C furnace Friday
- Walkies in hot weather can be deadly: Excessive exercise is responsible for 74 per cent of heatstroke cases in dogs
- UK weather tomorrow – ‘Saharan blowtorch’ heatwave to bring 37C sunshine to Britain
- UK weather today LIVE – Britain to be hotter than Barbados as 39C is set to bring record-breaking heatwave
- Sunseekers pack beaches as ten-day heatwave brings 91F highs but other parts of the UK face thunderstorms bringing up to two months' worth of rain in three hours and three die in incidents at beauty spots in 24 hours
- UK weather today LIVE – Britain bakes in hottest August day for 17 years with 36C hotter than Barbados
UK hot weather forecast: Blistering 35C Mediterranean heatwave heads for Britain - maps have 1097 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.