Tottenham could be inadvertently about to help rivals Chelsea seal a mega-money move for Sevilla’s Jules Kounde.
The Blues are chasing the 22-year-old defender and are in pole position to land his services this summer, despite previous interest from Manchester United.
Talks are believed to be ongoing between the clubs, with a fee yet to be agreed.
Meanwhile, Tottenham are in the market for a centre-back of their own, but are not entering the race for Kounde.
Instead, Spurs look set to land Atalanta’s Cristian Romero to replace toby Alderweireld, yet the future of another star could aid Chelsea’s negotiations with Sevilla.
As reports The Mail , Davinson Sanchez is now in discussions with the Spanish club over a potential move IF Kounde completes a switch to Stamford Bridge.
The rumours appear to have some truth too, with Sanchez’s agent, Nestor Fernando, telling Colombia’s Caracol Radio: “They are just rumours, yes I have spoken with the people of Seville, but at the moment they have the complete squad.
“If there is a transfer on their part, those rumours could be true, but there is nothing specifically, only conversations.”
Should Tottenham offload Sanchez if they get the chance? Have your say below.
Don’t miss a thing with our football updates!
Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?
Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don’t miss a thing.
How do you sign up?
It only takes a matter of seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit ‘subscribe’.
And that’s it, job done. You’ll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.
You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.
Sanchez has struggled to justify the then-club record £42million price tag Spurs paid for him in 2017 and has been largely unconvincing during his time in north London.
It is unclear where Spurs boss Nuno Espirito Santo sees the 25-year-old slotting into his plans, but Romero’s arrival would likely see him slip down the pecking order, with Eric Dier and Joe Rodon also in contention.
He would therefore likely welcome the opportunity to try and revive his career in Spain, and lining up Sanchez as a replacement could be enough to give Sevilla the assurances they need to cash-in on Kounde.
A deal for Kounde is expected to cost Chelsea in the region of £68million – a figure they are trying to get to by raising funds from the sale of Kurt Zouma.
The Blues had offered Zouma to Sevilla in a part exchange deal, but the Frenchman would reportedly prefer to move across London to West Ham.
The Hammers will have to meet Chelsea’s asking price to seal a transfer though, which is believed to be around the £20m mark.
Get your hands on your club’s special edition 2021/22 annual. Find out more here.
- Chelsea and Tottenham flop Andre Villas-Boas set to replace Sven-Goran Eriksson at Shanghai SIPG
- Chelsea should sell Eden Hazard to Real Madrid – and here are the reasons why they should do business
- Transfer news LIVE: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City signings, speculation and more
- Marcos Alonso and Victor Moses were the key components behind Chelsea storming to the Premier League title
- Manchester United or City? Arsenal or Tottenham? Who are the winners and losers of the transfer market?
- This Tottenham team will win the league title… in the next five years
- Tottenham make Luciano Spalletti their top choice to replace Mauricio Pochettino if boss quits London for Barcelona
- Tottenham defender Danny Rose admits ‘we need two or three big buys’ and not players you have to Google to find out who they are
- Who is Andreas Christensen? Chelsea star touted as John Terry’s replacement was earning £20,000-a-week aged just 15
- Transfer window 2017: Who will Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City and the rest target when the window re-opens?
- Premier League transfer round-up: Who do Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Spurs and the rest of the sides want?
- Premier League transfer rumours: Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool hottest gossip from Football Whispers
- Tottenham Hotspur 4 West Brom 0: Harry Kane hat-trick in first game since daughter’s birth sees Spurs pile pressure on Chelsea
- Tottenham won’t need to shell out millions to replace Kyle Walker – they already have the perfect replacement
- Manchester United and Chelsea set to go head-to-head AGAIN as both clubs reignite Radja Nainggolan chase
- Chelsea transfer news: Nemanja Matic set to join Juventus in £20million move as Juan Cuadrado could return
- Man City set to seal Dani Alves signing this week as Spurs plot late hijack and Chelsea also remain interested
- Can Hoffenheim’s Jeremy Toljan really replace Kyle Walker’s stunning productivity for Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham?
- How Chelsea made a staggering £400m in just five years from player sales and become the shrewdest club in the Premier League
- West Ham targeting former Manchester City bosses Manuel Pellegrini and Roberto Mancini to replace Slaven Bilic
Tottenham can help Chelsea’s move for Jules Kounde as Sevilla discuss replacement have 855 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.