The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games is here! But unless you are in Japan, your chances of seeing any of it are… slim. Very slim.
But do not despair, for we have glad tidings of great joy: all the UK television coverage, with start times, presenters, pundits and all the rest is detailed below.
What is it?
It's the Olympics! Invented by Ancient Greece, and held in the modern age every four years usually – more about that below). This time it is in Japan, and the world’s eyes are on Tokyo Olympics 2021.
What events started the Games?
On Wednesday, July 21, the first round of the women's softball had the honour of being the first event in the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games.
What times of day are the events on in the UK?
This is a good question and unfortunately it has a less than ideal answer, unless you really like staying up late, or have insomnia.
But broadly speaking, the time difference in Tokyo – which is eight hours ahead of the UK – is going to mean some punchy starts for fans in the UK. But that's fine! Olympics!
Most events will be between midnight UK time and about 3pm BST.
How can I watch on TV in the UK?
If you have BBC TV, then truly, these are the good times. The BBC will be putting on huge amounts of coverage, and the Games are also being shown on Eurosport, for the hardcore. The Discovery+ streaming service is also broadcasting the Games online.
Eurosport is a subscription TV channel. It costs £6.99 per month if you pay for a month. You can get an annual pass for £39.99 and literally watch all the downhill skiing you could ever wish to see.
How can I livestream the Olympics online?
You can stream the Olympics online on BBC iPlayer app or also on the BBC website.
How much coverage will be on the BBC?
The BBC is broadcasting 350 hours of Olympics coverage on television. There will also be extensive coverage of the Games on Radio 5 Live.
Will the BBC be big in Japan?
Obviously, the national broadcaster will have a team in Japan but the days of them taking a cast of thousands are over for now. Because of Covid. The shadow of which, you have to say, hangs over the Games .
They will instead present from a studio in Salford, with virtual reality backdrops of Japan.
Who will be on pundit duty for the BBC?
The BBC’s team of pundits features Jessica Ennis-Hill, Michael Johnson, Chris Hoy, Katherine Grainger, Nicola Adams, Rebecca Adlington and Victoria Pendleton.
And who will be the BBC presenters?
Plenty of familiar faces…
JJ Chalmers will host from midnight-05:00 BST.
Dan Walker and Sam Quek will host BBC Breakfast from 05:00-09:00, so if you want to catch up on the overnight action and for some reason cannot stay awake for air pistol shooting on a weekday, then this is your option.
Hazel Irvine and Gabby Logan will be at the controls from from 09:00-15:00, followed by Jason Mohammad from 15:00-18:00.
Clare Balding and Alex Scott then host on BBC One from 19:30-21:00. There will then be a highlights show daily on BBC Two, from 21:00-22:00.
Good to see Clare finally get a go on the telly, she’s never on, is she?
And better than all that
We will have live blog coverage of literally every hop, skip, jump, punch, hit, kick, lift, pedal and push on this website, via our unbeatable, unbeaten, gold medal standard live blogging.
- James, Warriors, Rockets, Celtics highlight NBA TV schedule
- Special Olympics struggling through financial crisis, cancels events
- How to watch Lollapalooza 2018 live stream free all weekend
- NFL TV Schedule: Time, TV Channels, Livestream, Odds for All NFL Preseason Games 2018 Tonight
- NFL TV Schedule: What Time, TV Channel is the 49ers vs. Texans Preseason Game Tonight? Live Stream, Odds
- Baseball, softball, skateboarding, surfing, karate and sport climbing coming to 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- 3-on-3 basketball added to 2020 Tokyo Olympic program
- Mascot designs for 2020 Tokyo Olympics shortlisted
- NBC and presidential debate squad both fumble TV schedule
- Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees: NESN TV schedule, live stream, 5 things to watch (Aug. 2-5)
- Iowa's Ruby Martin is a budding swimming star and a contender for 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Mile posts: Former Storm Lake resident Paul Yak takes aim at 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- With two years until Tokyo Olympics, gymnast Simone Biles better and virtually untouchable
- Little League World Series 2017: Bracket, Teams, TV Schedule
- CARIBBEAT: NYC and beyond celebrate Usain Bolt’s Olympic gold with special fetes and events
- CARIBBEAT: Here comes 'Caribbean Week in New York' — with its private sessions and schedule of public events
- NFL TV schedule: What time, channel is New York Giants vs. New York Jets (8/24/18)? Live stream, watch online
- NFL TV Schedule 2018: What time, channel is Detroit Lions vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers? (8/24/18) Livestream, watch online
- Eugene's Hayward Field chosen to host 2020 U.S. Olympic trials for track and field
- USA Track & Field is expected to award Eugene the 2020 Olympic trials
Tokyo Olympics 2020 TV schedule: How to watch the 2021 events live in the UK have 856 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.