A man who was stabbed to death in a street has been named by police.
Anthony Sumner was critically injured in the attack on Windy House Lane, Sheffield, just before midnight on Thursday, South Yorkshire Police said.
The 42-year-old died at the scene and a post-mortem examination showed it was a result of stab wounds.
A 15-year-old boy and a 49-year-old man, both from the city, were arrested on suspicion of murder and remained in custody.
Det Ch Insp Simon Palmer said: “We are doing everything we can to establish the sequence of events that led to the tragic death of Anthony.”
He appealed for witnesses and anyone with information or any footage recorded nearby to get in touch.
“We know there may have been people in the area who witnessed the incident, but have yet to come forward with information,” he said..
“You might think your input is insignificant, but any information you have could be crucial for our investigation.”
Related Internet Links
- Ray Gosling released on police bail in murder inquiry
- London's surge of violence: 2018's victims
- Man, 24, is stabbed to death in a 'frenzied' attack in Croydon and a woman, 35, is killed in Waltham Forest becoming the 15th and 16th 'murders' in London this year
- Man in 20s is fatally stabbed on a street in North London bringing capital's 2020 murder toll to 17 - after police name two other knife victims
- Heartbreaking note the son of 'monster' Rowan Baxter sent Hannah Clarke’s family revealing he was a victim of abuse by his father - and how he wishes he could swap places with the three murdered children
- Scott Morrison’s ‘crook’ call on Pauline Hanson and the family law inquiry attacked by Labor
- Teenager who stabbed public schoolboy Yousef Makki, 17, to death is FREED from jail after serving less than seven months – with dead boy's father calling the move 'the third knife in Yousef's heart'
- Exclusive: Attempted Rape Victim, Allegedly Attacked By Library Stabbing Suspect, Wonders Why He Was On The Street
- Man, 39, stabbed to death in ‘row over parking space’ as woman in her 30s held for murder
- Woman Found Stabbed To Death In Simi Valley Apartment, Man Arrested
- Homeless man, 29, accused of stabbing prayer leader in neck had been attending Regent’s Park mosque for ‘a number of years’ before attack, court hears
- Female Security Guard Fatally Stabbed At Rockland County Library, Suspect In Custody
- Woman flees home after Tinder date from hell pulls out knife, brags about role in brutal homophobic murder and trashes her flat as he stages siege against cops
- Two men arrested in fatal shootings, attempted murder in Baton Rouge; third suspect sought
- The 'invisible' victims of Edomex, Mexico's most dangerous place to be female
- New HBO Doc Centers on the Atlanta Child Murders, Reopening of Case
- Women swamp helpline fearing copycat Rowan Baxter murders
- Stop insulting my murdered brother, Kripesh's sister writes to Pinarayi
- Authorities Identify Gunman, 5 Victims in Molson Coors Shooting
- The horrific death of Anthony Avalos and the many missed chances to save him
Sheffield stabbing victim named as Anthony Sumner in murder inquiry have 538 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.