Sarah Ferguson makes it very clear she is not a kitchen person
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Sir Rod Stewart’s wife Penny Lancaster joined Alex Jones and Gethin Jones on tonight’s episode of The One Show where she chatted about her upcoming appearance on Celebrity Masterchef alongside Dion Dublin. The Loose Women panellist sat alongside Sarah Ferguson as the royal shared details of her debut novel on the BBC show.
Penny, 50, explained that she often does not cook for the Maggie May singer as the family has their own personal chef.
The Loose Women star also admitted that her other half tends to dress up for his daily three-course dinners.
The One Show host, Alex quizzed: “We heard in your house that dinner is quite a big deal. You dress up a bit. Is this right?”
Penny replied: “Well, the husband likes to dress up. Not always in a Celtic kit.”
Sarah Ferguson reacts to Penny Lancaster after ‘competition’ claim (Image: BBC)
Penny Lancaster joined Sarah Ferguson on The One Show (Image: BBC)
She continued: “He always dresses for dinner and it’s a three-course meal.”
A stunned Alex queried: “What? Every day… even on a Monday. Because we have pizza and a salad.”
“Yes, every day. Even on a Monday,” Penny chuckled. “One thing that you decide when you have worked hard all of your life is that you are going to gift yourself.
“For Rod, that was a chef. He likes to dine well and wear it well.”
Sarah Ferguson revealed that she does not cook (Image: BBC)
Penny Lancaster revealed Sir Rod Stewart has a personal chef (Image: GETTY)
Royals on Social Media (Image: EXPRESS)
The Duchess of York was quickly questioned about how she likes to dine as The One Show presenter quizzed if she could “compete” with Penny.
Gethin cheekily asked: “Sarah, can you compete with that?”
Making a coughing sound, the Duchess of York appeared to shut down any claims that she prepares any home-cooked meals.
Sarah remarked: “Sorry, I didn’t quite hear. You’re talking about the kitchen and a chef?”
Naga Munchetty details ‘nudist’ tendencies leaving co-star stunned [LATEST] Stacey Solomon’s big announcement as she wraps up filming Loose Women [TV] Piers Morgan responds as radio star is now on ventilator with Covid [ADMISSION]
“It’s not your thing then,” Gethin mused.
Sarah went on: “No, no, no. Won’t cook. Shan’t cook. Don’t cook. Couldn’t possibly cook.
“I think once I put baked beans in a Carbonara and got it completely wrong.”
She then turned to Penny and congratulated the Loose Women panellist for taking part in Celebrity Masterchef but made it clear cooking was out of the question for the Duchess.
Sarah commented: “But well done, to you [Penny].”
Earlier in the show, the Duchess of York praised Rod’s wife for joining the police force frontline.
"So brave," she began. "Penny, it's just so incredible, you're so brave. You really are."
Penny was grateful for the royal's kind words, as she replied: "I appreciate that, thanks."
The One Show airs weekdays on BBC One at 7pm.
- '50 years after I gave her up she finally calls me dad': Rod Stewart's joy over adopted first child
- Another baby at 66 for Rod Stewart
- Rod Stewart's fatherhood prowess boast -''I've had children in each of the last FIVE decades''
- 'He had a cheek lecturing ME on rock and roll': Elton John, 73, reveals he fell out with Rod Stewart, 75, because the 'crooner' Maggie May singer had no right criticizing his tour
- Langan’s is saved! London restaurant that was 1980s celebrity haunt for the likes of Dustin Hoffman, Michael Caine and Rod Stewart is rescued from administration
- Celebrity chef Yotam Ottolenghi claims takings at his London restaurants have plunged by 90% in a year and reveals curfew and Tier 2 'left him begging to be shutdown'
- Happy Thanksgiving from Hollywood! Tinsletown sprinkles the glamor on Turkey Day as A-listers from J-Lo and A-Rod to Reese Witherspoon and the Kardashians share photos of their family celebrations
- Princess Charlene of Monaco puts on a united front as she shares festive snap with husband Prince Albert's family amid claims he faces a paternity suit over THIRD love child he 'fathered while they were together'
- JENNI MURRAY: Enduring love that was the very best of British
- EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell's place of honor as Prince Andrew's special guests at 2000 Royal 'Dance of the Decades' ball in Windsor Castle is revealed in souvenir program
- Is Princess Charlene's new haircut a sign of her 'liberation'? Royal's half-shaved style signals she 'isn't waiting for permission anymore' after years of 'loneliness' and rumours of husband Prince Albert's infidelity, experts say
- Police swoop on 'pervert' tycoon: Fashion mogul Peter Nygard, who once hosted Prince Andrew at a private resort, is held over alleged sex-trafficking of teenagers
- The Sundance Film Festival Unveils Its 2021 Virtual Lineup
- 100 Best Movies of 2020, According to Audiences
- The highs, lows and biggest lockdown losers of British politics in 2020
Sarah Ferguson reacts to Rod Stewart's wife Penny Lancaster after 'competition' claim have 969 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.