A police officer has been left injured after a collision with an e-scooter in London .
A man, 22, has been arrested after allegedly failing to stop when ordered to do so by cops.
The officer was taken to hospital with a broken leg and concussion after the crash knocked him to the floor at around 1pm.
The man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of section 18 grievous bodily harm, assault on an emergency worker, obstructing a drugs search and failure to stop.
He was also arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, driving without a licence or insurance, breaching the terms of a prison sentence and being unlawfully at large.
Inspector Martin Robbie said the episode shows 'officers put themselves in the face of danger on a daily basis'.
Riding an e-scooter on a public road or pavement is illegal in the UK, unless as part of a designated trial.
Private e-scooters can legally be used on private land – but the Met said last month they had seized 507 private e-scooters in just a week .
Inspector Robbie added: 'I would like to remind the public that the use of e-scooters, unless subject to a Government approved scheme, is prohibited and use upon public highways and spaces will be subject to enforcement and potential seizure of the e-scooter.'
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] .
For more stories like this, check our news page .
Sign Up for News Updates
Get your need-to-know latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and more
Not convinced? Find out more »
- 91-Year-Old Pedestrian Hit By Car Suffers Broken Leg
- Police officer struck by vehicle during traffic stop in Brooklyn
- Police: Officers investigating armed robberies shoot suspect
- FBI releases video of Jeep that struck Cleveland police officer
- Darien police look for help IDing hit-and-run driver
- Guilderland police officer injured in Western Avenue accident
- 1 dead, 1 injured after car hits scooter, police say
- 35-year-old man suffers head injuries in scooter crash
- Salem police officers awarded for saving lives and courage
- Las Vegas police looking for vehicle that hit motorcycle officer
- Victim suffers broken jaw after 'large fight' in Niagara Falls
- Lansing police officer who struck teen girl will resume duty
- Man Accused of Assaulting Waterbury Police Officer With Vehicle
- Hero NJ police officer Joseph Mair critically injured by hit-and-run driver
- Complaint: Pewaukee woman hits squad car, injures police officer
- Georgia police officer charged with beating homeless woman
- Did former Biddeford police officer turn into a monster?
- Ex-Detroit police officers accused of misconduct in new lawsuits
- Grand Rapids police officer who repeatedly hit man is fired
- Watch the video that cost a Buffalo police officer his job
Police officer suffers broken leg after being hit with e-scooter have 453 words, post on metro.co.uk at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.