NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — New York City will start requiring proof of vaccination for some indoor activities Monday.
Mayor Bill de Blasio announced the mandate earlier this month for anyone who wants to dine indoors at a restaurant, see a performance or go to the gym.
"It's time for people to see vaccination as literately necessary to living a good and full and healthy life," de Blasio said on August 3.
The rule applies to both workers and customers in those indoor spaces.
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC vaccinations by zip code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
The mayor said there will be a grace period before enforcement begins on September 13.
Several businesses already started requiring vaccinations, including Equinox and Soul Cycle .
However, some restaurant owners told CBS2 they're concerned about having to enforce the new policy.
The mandate is the first of its kind in the country.
- That's a wrap! Meghan's star-studded baby shower comes to end with VIP guests including Amal Clooney, Gayle King and Jessica Mulroney departing the $300,000 penthouse baby shower (but mom Doria missed it)
- Adam Lambert: Wild Idol
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump confronts crisis with Iran, Iraq
NYC Vaccine Mandate Starts Monday For Indoor Dining, Gyms & Entertainment have 275 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at August 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.