Nick Faldo tells HELLO! how he said ‘I do’ to fellow golf enthusiast Lindsay De Marco – see exclusive wedding photos
When their lavish wedding at Kensington Palace had to be called off due to the pandemic, golfing legend Sir Nick Faldo and his bride-to-be pulled out all the stops to make it happen at home in the US.
Talking for the first time about the big day and sharing wedding photos exclusively with HELLO! magazine, the former World No1 golf champion tells how he said ‘I do’ to fellow golf enthusiast Lindsay De Marco – known to family and friends as just ‘Lindz’ – in a romantic scaled-down ceremony, joined by only 16 guests, on a beach in the Florida Keys.
“There was a great atmosphere, and it was fun,” recalls Sir Nick, as the happy couple set the record straight about the deep love they share.
WATCH: 7 of the most expensive royal weddings of all time
Both of them have multiple previous marriages, but the 64-year-old father-of-four knew this time he’d found ‘the one’.
“We love being together and feel so connected,” says the Golf Channel CBS golf analyst, who develops golf courses around the world, chairs his 25-year-old junior golf charity and was recently in the UK offering expert commentary on the 149th Open Golf tournament at Royal St George’s Golf Course.
Photo credit: Flashy Mama .
“We’ve both had experiences and have moved on from them. Although you can’t change the past, you can learn from it. We live in the now. Lindsay and I are really connected.”
“We enjoy travelling and just feel comfortable together,” adds New-York born Lindsay, 58. “We’re hopeless romantics and wanted to make that commitment.”
The couple married last December
The couple tied the knot on 18 December, a fortuitous date for Sir Nick, one of the greatest golfers in the history of the game, with triumphs that include three Masters and three Open Championships.
“As a golfer, the number 18 has been lucky for me all my life,” he tells HELLO! as the couple pose for photos together at Bride Hall, a magnificent 16th century Grade II listed manor house in Hertfordshire.
To read the full article, pick up the latest issue of HELLO! on sale now. Subscribe to HELLO! to get the magazine delivered free to your door every week or purchase the digital edition online via our Apple or Google apps.
- You may now kiss the bride! Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi seal their union at their secret wedding in unseen photo sent to royal fans by Sarah Ferguson
- 'Fantasist known as Nick' who sparked £2m VIP paedophile inquiry 'is HIMSELF a "committed and manipulative" sex offender who was found with a catalogue of child abuse images - before fleeing to Sweden to live using fake name in a remote cabin'
- Interactive rituals, GIF corners and VR: the story of 2019’s small Indian weddings
- Priyanka Chopra quips she 'still likes' husband Nick Jonas after spending coronavirus lockdown together in LA
- Unseen black and white photo of Princess Beatrice and Edo Mapelli Mozzi sharing a tender moment on their wedding day is sent to royal fans on thank you cards from Sarah Ferguson
- Made in Chelsea star Ollie Locke secretly marries fiance Gareth Locke in magical ceremony
- Emma Willis shares rare photo of ‘stylish’ son Ace, 8, as fans praise her for ‘breaking gender stereotypes’
- Robbie Williams and Ayda Field's loved-up photo from Italy will melt your heart
- 'Our marriage is strong and we're very much still together': Defiant Dominic West and his wife kiss and put on a united front after his passionate clinch with Lily James - but his wedding ring is still OFF
- Rory McIlroy bids to join golf's greats with career grand slam at Masters
- John Travolta’s nephew dies just weeks after wife Kelly Preston loses breast cancer battle
- Queen Elizabeth once threw a pair of shoes, tennis racket at Prince Philip in spat caught on camera: book
- Harry Potter star Miriam Margoyles has revealed she hates JK Rowling’s magical stories and has never read the books
- As Coronation Street celebrates 60 years, we look back at the soap’s best bits
- TV Baftas 2020 winners: List of stars awarded gongs at last night’s virtual ceremony
- 14 Page-Turners That Will Keep You From Obsessively Checking Election Results
- Inside Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green’s on-off marriage – from age gap fears to ‘sex droughts’ & fiery spats over kids
- Sundance 2019: Alfre Woodard, Alec Baldwin + Making Of ‘Alien’, Satanists & Roy Cohn Docus Among U.S., World Cinema, NEXT, Midnight & Kids Slates
- Emma Stone looks cozy in a green cardigan as she heads to a meeting... after 'marrying' Dave McCary
- From Cornwall to Dubai – the best places to enjoy the ultimate holiday home
Nick Faldo's secret wedding with Lindsay De Marco - see exclusive photos have 837 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.