Meghan Markle 'focused' on producing says Netflix CEO
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Meghan Markle , 39, will be 40 on August 4 and plans to celebrate at home with Prince Harry , 36, and friends at their Montecito mansion, a source told the Mirror. The Sussexes have been based in California since their royal stepdown last year and are neighbours with a host of celebrities including their close friend Oprah Winfrey. Meghan has enlisted top celebrity wedding and event planner, Colin Cowie, to organise her birthday bash, after he was recommended to her by Oprah, a source has claimed.
The insider told the Mirror: “Meghan wants a small gathering. About 65 people are invited, her closest friends and family.
“Colin was recommended to her by Oprah who always puts on fabulous parties.”
Harry is thought to have ordered a cake for his wife from a local bakery, Posies & Sugar, which creates cakes in a simple semi-naked icing look, decorated with flowers.
Instead of a sit-down meal, guests will be able to snack from “grazing-tables” complete with locally sourced foods and wines.
Meghan Markle birthday party details in full as Duchess plans ‘low-key’ 40th (Image: GETTY)
Meghan Markle birthday party: Oprah is said to have recommended a party planner to Meghan (Image: GETTY)
The event will be in keeping with Covid rules in California after the state eased restrictions
The birthday bash will be a low-key affair compared to the Duchess’s extravagant baby shower in New York before Archie’s birth in 2019.
Party planner Mr Cowie won Vogue’s No.1 wedding planner and caterer in the northeast United States in 2018.
His mantra is: “The equation for the gold standard of service isn't 1+1=2. It's 1+1=3.
“What can you do to stay ahead of the curve?’
Meghan Markle birthday party: Colin Cowie has planned parties for a host of celebrities (Image: GETTY)
Mr Cowie is a favourite among Hollywood stars and has organised parties for the likes of Jennifer Aniston, Tom Cruise and Kim Kardashian.
Harry and Meghan will have been rushed off their feet following the birth of their daughter Lilibet ‘Lili’ on June 4 and may have been grateful to have a hand with planning Meghan’s party.
The couple shared their joy at the arrival of their second child in a moving statement soon after her arrival.
The message was shared on their Archewell.com website and read: “On June 4th, we were blessed with the arrival of our daughter, Lili. She is more than we could have ever imagined, and we remain grateful for the love and prayers we've felt from across the globe.”
The message went on: “Thank you for your continued kindness and support during this very special time for our family."
Queen Elizabeth II, 95, is yet to meet her new great-granddaughter as the pandemic has prevented the Sussexes from travelling to the UK.
While Harry returned for Prince Philip’s funeral in April and again last month to reveal a new statue of Princess Diana at Kensington Palace, he and Meghan have not been back as a family since November 2019.
Despite ongoing tensions between the Sussexes and the Firm, the Queen has always maintained Harry and Meghan remain a much-loved part of her family.
Meghan Markle birthday party: The Sussexes are now based in California full-time (Image: GETTY)
From Monday (August 2) the UK will relax its international travel restrictions to allow double-jabbed visitors to the USA to be exempt from quarantine.
This means that if Harry and Meghan have had two doses of the vaccine then they could come to Britain to visit the Queen.
The Queen travelled to Balmoral in Scotland earlier last month to spend her summer break in the Highlands.
She is expected to remain their until autumn and Harry and Meghan could choose to visit with their son Archie, two, and daughter Lili.
- Who is Meghan Markle’s ex-husband Trevor Engelson? Film producer who divorced Prince Harry’s American actress wife
- Meghan Markle’s Suits on-screen husband Patrick J Adams and co-stars arrive for the Royal Wedding with their real life partners
- Meghan Markle's half-brother arrested for DUI after inviting her to his wedding: Details
- Meghan Markle's personal assistant suddenly quits: She 'will be missed'
- Network reportedly offering to donate millions in Meghan Markle's name if she returns to 'Suits'
- Kate Middleton gushed about Meghan Markle's pregnancy amid rumors of 'tension' between them
- Kate Middleton reportedly told Meghan Markle that she felt 'used' by her this past year
- Meghan Markle 'bothered' by 'public backlash' amid pregnancy
- Meghan Markle's best friends slam 'global bullying' of duchess in rare, candid interview
- Meghan Markle's sister suggested some damning New Year's resolutions for the new duchess
- Royal baby countdown! Meghan Markle reveals when she's due to give birth
- Prince William reportedly expressed doubts about Meghan Markle to Prince Harry
- Meghan Markle's style has completely changed through the years
- Exclusive: Megyn Kelly's advice to Meghan Markle is to ask herself one question
- How Meghan Markle's father reacted to news Prince Charles will walk her down the aisle
- Photos: Expressive Meghan Markle attends first official engagement as Duchess of Sussex
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle just joined Instagram! See their first official post
- The insane amount of money Meghan Markle spends on clothes
- Meghan Markle: Pantyhose and NO messy bun for her first outing as a royal
- Meghan Markle's father reportedly not attending royal wedding anymore after paparazzi photo scandal
Meghan Markle birthday party details in full as Duchess plans 'low-key' 40th have 1051 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.