It seems the spending is not done there as the Red Devils aim for a first Premier League title since 2013 after finishing second last season.
Long-term targets Kieran Trippier and Eduardo Camavinga continue to be linked with United, but they are believed not to be interested in German World Cup winner Jerome Boateng.
No interest in free agent Boateng
Manchester United will not be pursuing a move for free agent Jerome Boateng this summer, despite the player calling them his ‘dream’ club.
The 32-year-old centre back is without a club since leaving Bayern Munich at the end of June after 10 years with the club.
Despite previously playing for Manchester City, he had been keen on a move to Old Trafford, after winning 25 trophies and 363 appearances with Bayern.
He is now expected to announce his new club in the coming days after United decided not to approach him, with reported interest from Hertha Berlin and PSV also believed not to be concrete.
With the pending arrival of Raphael Varane, Solskjaer does not feel he needs another central defender along with those he already has at the club.
Camavinga does not fit ‘cultural reset’
United have been long-term admirers of teenage French midfielder Eduardo Camavinga, however, the 18-year-old does not fit the club’s new transfer policy.
Over the last two years, United have switched to a policy of signing players aged between 23 and 28-years-old for the first team squad.
The Rennes midfielder does not fall into this category, despite United being linked with a move for the £50million-rated teenager.
This policy is believed to be flexible, though, as shown by the arrival of veteran striker Edinson Cavani last summer.
The Red Devils are believed to be in pole position for Camavinga, who’s contract expires next summer, with Bayern Munich also believed to be in the hunt.
Where will Manchester United finish in the Premier League next season? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
Trippier wants move
Atletico Madrid full-back Kieran Trippier is rumoured to want a move to Manchester United this summer, with it being the dream transfer for the England international.
Trippier has been linked with a return to the Premier League all summer, with United the most likely destination, after two seasons in Spain.
The 30-year-old played 35 times for Atleti in 2020/21 as the club won their first league title in seven years, taking his total appearances to 68.
He moved to the Spanish capital in 2019 from Tottenham Hotspur for £20million and could now be set to move to Manchester United for the same fee.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Diogo Dalot are the current first team right-backs at Old Trafford, with the latter strongly linked with a move to AC Milan.
Get your hands on your club’s special edition 2021/22 annual. Find out more here.
- Liverpool rise to the challenge but Spurs fall short (again). Plus: we need to fix Premier League's VAR use
- Will Man City retain the title this season or will they succumb to Liverpool?
- Daily Ritual Buffer Uses to Boost Traffic to Best Posts
- Fraudster Update: Will Adkins and the Open Letter to MMO Bomb
- What Really Killed Walt Whitman?
- Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich: Champions League final – live!
- Using On-Site Search as a Conversion Multiplier #SEMrushchat Recap
- Bless outlines its new box price and sub plan, which it does not want you to call a sub
- Thursday's Best Deals: Dyson V6, Gravity Blanket, Mini Desktop, and More
- Which NBA Playoffs Team Is the Most Woke?
- Real Madrid beat Atlético to win Champions League – as it happened
- #MarketingNerds: Marketing Thoughts for 2016
- Alpine Shootout: Aston Martin V8 Vantage vs. Mercedes-AMG GT C and 2018 Porsche 911 GTS
- Tuesday's Best Deals: SanDisk Sale, Dutch Oven, Dremel Combo Kit, and More
- 2019 electric vehicle comparison: I-Pace v Ioniq v Leaf v Model S v Zoe
- The Journey To Kill Everyone In
- Friday's Best Deals: REI's Anniversary Sale, Weighted Blankets, Brother Printer, and More
- At Apple WWDC, taking stock of Tim Cook's hits and misses
- Wednesday's Best Deals: Sonos Speakers, 4K Monitor, simplehuman Trash Cans, and More
- Friday's Best Deals: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, Wayfair Home Decor, Instant Pot, and More
Man Utd handed Kieran Trippier boost, chase Camavinga plus Boateng update have 732 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.