A man plummeted to his death from a west London building site in the early hours of Sunday morning, as police hunted for a bar attack suspect nearby.
Emergency services say they attempted to resuscitate the 33-year-old in Hammersmith but he was pronounced dead at the scene at around 3am.
Police had been alerted to reports of a man attacking a number of people and acting aggressively at a bar on The Broadway, who then left the venue.
Within 15 minutes of searching the area, officers were dealing with a man who fell from a building site close by, the Metropolitan Police said.
In a statement, a spokesperson told Metro.co.uk: 'Police were called at 2.44am on Sunday, 1 August to reports of a man acting aggressively at a bar on The Broadway in Hammersmith.
'Officers attended and it was reported the man had assaulted a number of people before leaving the scene. They began a search of the area to track down the man.
'A short time later officers became aware of a 33-year-old man who had fallen from height on a nearby building site.'
The statement continued: 'They carried out emergency first aid until the arrival of paramedics.
'Despite their best efforts, the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 3.03am. His next of kin has been informed.
'A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.'
No further details have been released about the man's identity.
The Met said it had informed the force's Directorate of Professional Standards, the Independent Office for Police Conduct and the Health and Safety Executive, as is routine in such incidents.
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] .
For more stories like this, check our news page .
Sign Up for News Updates
Get your need-to-know latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and more
Not convinced? Find out more »
- French man falls into bathroom duct, dies
- London attack: Suspect with hoax bomb killed, 3 hurt
- Man falls from Dubai flat, dies
- Calif. man free after DNA site leads to new arrest in murder
- Belgian police hunt gunman after Jewish museum murders
- Man falls six floors to his death from tower block as woman, 28, arrested on suspicion of murder
- New York library security guard killed after asking man to turn down music, police say
- Speed kills: are police chases out of control?
- ‘We were eating our meal when the shooter entered’: survivor recounts Hanau attack
- Woman was 'crying and screaming' next to body of man, 33, who fell seven storeys to his death from London apartment block in front of shocked school-run families - as female, 28, known to victim is arrested for murder
- Dallas Police Shooting: Inside the Mind of Micah Johnson
- ‘Reported as video went viral’: Rajasthan Dalit man violated with screwdriver
- Convicted criminals are among the special police terrorizing Venezuela
- Devora Howard’s mysterious death continues to baffle police
- Ian Tomlinson death: Policing the police
- Sugar Land man believed to have shot and killed wife and son before driving to Guadalupe County
- Man convicted of killing British backpacker in New Zealand jailed for minimum 17 years
- Police arrest serial rapist in Anambra
- Police appeal for information after Sydney man killed by falling gas bottle
- Man killed by falling gas bottle in Sydney named
Man falls to death from building site as police hunt bar attack suspect have 569 words, post on metro.co.uk at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.