A 19-year-old man has been arrested after a 15-year-old girl was allegedly stabbed to death in a domestic disturbance at a Welsh holiday park.
Officers rushed to Ty Mawr Holiday Park in Towyn, near Abergele in North Wales, on Saturday afternoon.
A force spokesman said: ‘North Wales Police can confirm that we attended the report of a domestic disturbance at the location where sadly a 15-year-old female has died.
‘A 19-year-old male has been arrested and is presently in custody at St Asaph.’
An air ambulance rushed to the scene on Saturday afternoon, as parts of the Parkdean resort and a caravan were cordoned off as police carried out an investigation in the 100acre park.
An air ambulance was rushed to the scene at Ty Mawr park in Towyn, north Wales on Saturday afternoon
Police have been called to a ‘serious incident’ at a Welsh holiday park and warned people to ‘stay away’ after the ‘tragic incident’
Eyewitnesses reported the air ambulance landed on the A548, which was shut in both directions, at around 3.30pm, with two ambulances and three rapid response vehicles in tow.
North Wales Police said there is no threat to the wider public.
Social media images showed a caravan had been taped off by detectives.
Police said in a statement: ‘Officers are attending a serious incident at a Holiday Park near Abergele. Investigations are ongoing. Apologies for any difficulty.
Share this article
‘There is no threat to the public but please stay away from the area whilst we deal with the incident. Thank you for your patience.’
A park spokesman told MailOnline: ‘We are shocked and saddened by this tragic incident.
The Parkdean resort was cordoned off as police carried out an investigation in the park
‘Ty Mawr is a 100 acre family park which welcomes tens of thousands of happy holidaymakers every year.
‘This was an isolated and unprecedented incident which took place inside a caravan which is now a crime scene.
‘Our team are assisting police with their inquiries and as it is a police matter we can’t comment further at the moment.’
- Kingston stab death: Two men charged with murder
- Emma Presler, 19, arrested for ‘killing man when she torched couple’ months after charge for ‘murdering’ disabled woman
- Man, 49, arrested over two London murders which saw victims’ throats cut
- Camden stabbing: Man horrifically knifed to death in London as crime wave continues
- The Science of Near-Death Experiences
- Pictured: Teenager, 18, who murdered of father-of-two, 31, by stabbing him to death after an 'exchange of words' in street
- Minnesota man arrested in 49-year-old Chicago-area slaying
- COVID In Minnesota: 12 Deaths And 2,088 Cases Reported, Average Positivity Rate At 6.6%
- Illinois Reports 30,319 New Confirmed and Probable Cases of COVID-19, 78% Of Adults At Least Partially Vaccinated
- Calls to 'bring back death penalty' for thugs who tried to rape two girls
- Striking photos of the tourism industry during COVID-19
- Man in 40s stabbed to death with boy, 15, one of four arrested for 'targeted murder'
- Michigan man stabs parents after being told to stop playing video games
- Police officer allegedly bitten by teen resisting arrest after Adelaide hotel assault
- Birmingham stabbings: 'Knife crime is an emergency' - police chief
- 15 actors who unexpectedly left their shows—and why
- Adelaide man acquitted of murder in love triangle stabbing
- Alarm Grows as Markets Tumble and Death Toll Rises
- How the ‘Central Park Five’ Changed the History of American Law
- Man accused of stabbing 10 commuters on Tokyo train 'wanted to kill women who looked happy'
Man, 19, is arrested after girl, 15, ‘was stabbed to death in domestic disturbance’ at packed Welsh holiday park have 585 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.