As RuPaul ‘s famous saying goes: “If you don’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?”
That seems to be the motto Love Is Blind star Jessica Batten is living by these days. The reality TV personality, who appeared in the first season of the hit Netflix show, returned for an epic comeback on the new reunion series , Love Is Blind: After the Altar .
Taking to Instagram on Saturday, July 30, the Netflix star shared a candid post about her experience on the reunion special and explained why she decided to take part in it.
“I wanted to show up and share my story for every person who reached out to me with love,” she wrote , “and shared their own testimonies about having the courage to walk away from situations that were not serving them, that did not feel right for them.”
She continued, “I wanted them to see they would be ok in the end and they would make it through the hard times standing on their own too.”
“To be absolutely honest, I wanted to share my side of the story with Mark as well as I thought I owed that to myself,” Jessica confessed. “I sat on that for a long time – but that’s aside from my point here.”
Additionally, Jessica took a moment to open up about the “hard lesson” she learned from Love Is Blind .
“I learned that it’s important not to seek a relationship or another person to make yourself feel whole or happy (this is also regardless of age and wanting a family – and that is a super important point!),” she shared. “Being in a relationship and being married is beautiful, I believe we were created for love but we also have one life to live and we should let our hearts guide us to the right destination and to our people in the right time.”
Simply put, “Don’t force it. Also being alone and independent is incredibly empowering and I appreciated this time in my life a lot and wouldn’t be where I’m at without it.”
Jessica admitted that “it was a tough decision” to return to television. But in the end, she wouldn’t have done it any other way. Since Love Is Blind: After the Altar premiered on July 28, she revealed she has received an outpouring of love on social media.
As she described, “For those sending these beautiful messages, I’m reading and most times crying getting through them. Thank you for being so kind and for the heartfelt apologies. I understand the initial judgment more than you know.”
“I just want to encourage you to never lose sight of this North Star, your own heart,” she encouraged. “Even if it’s painful and messy and really freaking hard, keep going, trust yourself and know you’ll find your way. Not everyone is going to like it or like you through it.. but that’s OK!”
She added, “You’ll find your way and they will all be better for it too, I promise!”
- Tyra Banks feels 'pressure' to do well hosting Dancing With The Stars... as 'Derek Hough asked to return' after starring with JLo on World Of Dance
- Penny Dreadful: City of Angels: the real reason Natalie Dormer spin-off was cancelled
- Aussie mother is dealt another cruel blow after finally making it home from the Congo as she opens up about her six-month nightmare trapped in the 'rape capital of the world' and reveals the real reason she flew there as COVID-19 hit
- White GWU professor of African studies who faked being black her entire career only confessed online days after 'other black scholars started questioning her background'
- Love Island's Laura Anderson bares her abs as she joins Dani Dyer and Amber Davies to lead glamour at Radio 1 Teen Awards... after confirming she is dating Max Morley
- Hugo Weaving reveals he is not returning as Agent Smith in The Matrix 4 due to scheduling complications
- How The Mandalorian’s visual effects made old Star Wars creatures new again
- Love Island's Georgia Harrison turns heads in white crop top and miniskirt as she and glam Michelle Collins join a host of stars at world premiere of new movie Break... in a CAR PARK
- Love Island's Montana Brown flashes her underboob in a navy bikini as she soaks up the sun by the pool in Greece
- Camilla Thurlow and Jamie Jewitt put on a loved-up display at drinks launch as she shares anxiety poem about 'never being enough'
- Harlots: the one detail Jessica Brown Findlay loves about the BBC drama
- Johnny Depp 'had list of insults for Amber Heard's co-stars he accused her of having affairs with including Leo 'pumpkin-head' DiCaprio, Channing 'potato-head' Tatum and Jim 'turd' Sturgess'
- Jessica Mulroney claims she's been working 'behind the scenes' to combat racism - after being accused of not following through on her promises in the wake of 'race row' with influencer Sasha Exeter
- Sarah Jessica Parker is barely recognizable in headphones, sunglasses and a mask as she heads to work at her shoe store in NYC
- Jessica Mulroney DELETES sweet throwback shot of Meghan Markle with her son Brian at the Duchess' wedding - after saying the photo brought her 'pure joy' and lifts her out of a 'dark' mood
- Jessica Mulroney continues to quash rumors of a fallout with Meghan Markle in the wake of race row as she shares throwback snap of her son Brian at the Duchess' wedding that lifts her out of a 'dark and grey' mood
- Wyoming students return to school scenes altered by virus
- Sarah Harding 'made emotional calls to Girls Aloud stars days before she announced her shock breast cancer diagnosis'
- 'God, travel and Rocky saved me': Roxanne Pallett details how she overcame three breakdowns after 'punch-gate' as she sheds light on her 'blessed' life with husband Jason
- Former Doctor Who David Tennant reveals he wants a role in the DC Universe and Star Trek
Love Is Blind Star Jessica Batten Details the Real Reason She Returned to the Show - E! Online have 1167 words, post on www.eonline.com at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.