Romania: Dog rescued after being thrown into river
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The man, known as Dwight, was watching a morning broadcast by FOX6 News Milwaukee when he noticed his dog named Payday, during the Adopt-A-Pet segment on July 21. It was revealed that the long lost canine was being looked after by The Wisconsin Humane Society, describing the pup with an underbite and brown fur.
After hearing the description and seeing footage of Payday, Dwight quickly called the TV station to confirm that it was his dog.
Both owner and pet were quickly reunited at the animal rescue service later that afternoon.
The Wisconsin Humane Society said that it was rare for someone to spot their missing dog whilst watching the TV show air, saying: “It must have left it on by accident—or perhaps thanks to fate.
“It only took one glance at the picture for Dwight to immediately recognize Payday, his long-lost pup who had gone missing nearly two years ago!”
Dwight from Wisconsin, USA spotted his missing dog pay live on TV – two years after going missing (Image: GETTY)
The shelter also revealed that another member of Dwight’s family would be delighted to see the dog, explaining: “Payday was originally purchased for Dwight’s now 12-year-old daughter, who was still distraught over the incredible loss of her best friend.”
A video showing the lost dog being greeted by Dwight’s mum, Melissa, for the first time was posted to The Wisconsin Humane Society’s Facebook page who came to pick up “the beloved pup.”
In the clip, Payday jumps up excitedly to Melissa, who picks up the dog exclaiming: “My baby!” while the small hound licks her face.
The Facebook pos t, which has been liked 937 times, reads: “We are beyond ecstatic for this amazing family to finally be whole again.”
Several viewers left comments expressing their delight of the heartwarming video, one Facebook user, Sherry Scheffler Schinkowitch, typed: “No other proof needed that he was their baby! How wonderful they found each other.”
Dawn K. Harwood added: “YAY! So happy that you’re back with your family safe and sound!”
Rachel Marie commented: “That baby knew who his mommy was Soo happy for them both!”
READ MORE: Dog rescued stuck between walls
Payday the dog was spotted after appearing on FOX6 News Milwaukee’S ‘Adopt-A-Pet’ segment (Image: GETTY)
Speaking to Newsweek the Wisconsin Humane Society said: “Returning lost animals to their families is a core part of our daily animal sheltering work, and it’s a privilege to witness the profound joy of a redemption—especially one that waited two years!”
Keep up to date with all our TeamDogs news by following our social pages. As well as videos, tips and advice, we'll also be sharing some of your amazing doggy pictures so follow us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
DON’T MISS: Joe Biden blasted for ‘terrible error’ in scathing UK assessment [REPORT] Our Yorkshire Farm: Amanda Owen opens up on Clive’s romantic gesture [VIDEO] Lewis Hamilton gives health update and Vettel disqualification verdict [REVEAL]
TeamDogs Sign Up (Image: DAILY EXPRESS)
- Marshawn Lynch curses on live TV after brief Media Day appearance
- Antetokounmpo a bright spot in Bucks’ tough year
- No love lost between Magic and Lakers over the years
- Jenna Dewan shows off her pregnant tummy as she models a funny baby skeleton T-shirt for Halloween: 'Things that go "bump" in the night!'
- Heartbroken husband discovers his 10-year relationship was 'a lie' after his wife admitted she was gay - and 'threw him out to move her girlfriend in'
- A Second-By-Second Recap of That Bizarre, Ridiculous and Utterly Perfect KOCO-TV 'Gorilla' Apology Video
- With Westminster in big chill, dogs and dog owners bundle up
- Dallas Seavey wins Iditarod in year marked by uncertainty
- Old English sheepdog among stars at Westminster dog show
- CJ the German shorthaired pointer wins Westminster dog show
- Westminster dog show is won by a German shorthaired pointer
- Joe Namath’s daughter, Jessica, reunited with lost dog after five years
- Coyotes on right financial track with new owners in place
- Dog lovers all over world log in to watch Westminster show
- Videos: NFL coaches’ best TV spots of all time
- The great spectator: Exploring the merits of live golf at Riviera
- The night Santa went crazy: 18 killer Santas from TV and film
- Celebs dip into hard-fought Miss. Senate race
- HBO Go-ing away from cable, will stand on its own
- Ganassi driver McMurray clinches Chase spot at Richmond
Lost pet dog spotted by owner on live TV two years after going missing have 879 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.