Meghan Markle’s 40th birthday: A look at her style transformation
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
After tweeting well wishes to Meghan from their official Twitter account, one fan commented: "Once again, William & Catherine proving their class & grace – rightly known as the assets to The Royal Family !"
In addition to praising the choice of image – which fans referred to as "beautiful" and "gorgeous" – others praised the gesture behind the tweet commenting: "So classy. Rising above everything & wishing her well.”
The Duchess and Prince William shared a picture of Meghan taken in October 2018 from Bondi Beach in Australia, when she was pregnant with Archie .
The summer-themed snap was accompanied with the message “Wishing a happy 40th birthday to The Duchess of Sussex!” alongside a birthday cake emoji.
Kate and William praised for ‘class and grace’ in gesture towards Meghan for her birthday (Image: Getty Images)
The image shared by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to mark Meghan’s 40th birthday today. (Image: Twitter)
The message came despite tensions between the Sussexes and the rest of the Royal Family following their decision to step away from the monarchy in 2020.
The bombshell interview between the Duke and Duchess and Oprah Winfrey in March was said to have caused even further tension in the royal household.
The birthday tweet for Meghan was met with admiration for the well wishes. Fans were quick to comment and praise the act: "The Duke and Duchess have always shown how dignified and truly regal they are" and another chimed in to agree saying: "Pure class from the Cambridges like always!"
Meghan and Harry’s interview with Oprah in March caused tension amidst the Royal family (Image: Getty Images)
Fans praised the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for their birthday message being classy. (Image: Getty Images)
One fan remarked: "Despite everything the Royal Family have had to endure, William and Catherine act with complete class and decorum.
“They will not let bitter, unhappy people drag them down. Instead, rising above it, knowing this is the way not to behave.”
Another added "Kate is pure class!" while another praised the Duchess referring to her as "A true Royal lady, our future Queen".
DON’T MISS Meghan Markle – one of most influential fashion celebrities [REVEAL] Prince George cartoon sparks furious backlash for ‘attacks on Queen’ [INSIGHT] Meghan Markle told her book not suitable for children [REPORT]
One fan said “William and Catherine act with complete class and decorum” (Image: Getty Images)
One fan simply declared "This is why you two are the best", and others agreed to add: "Love this couple so much.
“Well done, keeping things simple and straight forwards. Your kindness will come back to you all" and "This is why you Cambridges are well-loved. They didn’t stoop down to a low level. Always has class."
Another simply said "You’ve done your duty and sent a message. Respect to you for that."
Meghan received birthday wishes from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Royal family (Image: Getty Images)
Other well wishes for Meghan’s birthday included a trio of images including a snap of Queen Elizabeth II and Meghan accompanied by the caption 'Wishing The Duchess of Sussex a very Happy Birthday today!' from the official Royal Family account.
Many questioned whether such a gesture would be extended to the Duchess following Megxit, when Meghan and Prince Harry stepped back from their duties as senior members of the Royal Family last year.
The mother-of-two is reported to be celebrating her birthday today with her husband Prince Harry, and their two children Archie and Lilibet, at home in Montecito.
- Meghan and Harry news LIVE: Kate Middleton ‘skipped’ meeting duchess with Prince William for the first time
- The subtle signs in Royals’ wedding rings & why Meghan Markle is a ‘fashion leader’ while Kate Middleton has ‘charm’
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s royal baby — the aristocrats and A-listers in the running for godparent roles
- Meghan and Harry news: Pair likely to ‘spend next summer in UK’ as Duchess’ mum starts teaching kids to make jewellery
- Meghan and Harry news: Jameela Jamil ‘invited to Duchess’s mansion’ a DAY after she called Prince Andrew a paedophile
- Meghan Markle gushes over activist Gloria Steinem while they discuss voting and women's rights during their 'backyard chat' - as the Duchess says she is 'glad to be home, for so many reasons'
- Kate Middleton sends heartfelt letter to young boy after incredible gesture
- Meghan Markle’s got five and the Queen’s known as Cabbage – the Royal nicknames you’ve probably never heard of
- ‘Icy’ Meghan Markle asked ‘Don’t I have a voice?’ during event with William and Kate, report claims
- Meghan accused of hypocrisy after saying people shouldn’t be ‘ranked’ during feminist chat – while using Duchess title
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry morphing into ‘John & Yoko’ as they leave royal traditions behind, says body language guru
- Cheeky Archie Mountbatten-Windsor loves butting in on Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s important Zoom calls, it’s claimed
- Kate Middleton stuns in £10 Zara dress as she announces Hold Still photography competition shortlist
- Prince William, Prince Harry give rare joint statement in honor of Princess Diana ahead of death anniversary
- Royal beards: Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince Harry and other royals' facial hair
- Harry and Meghan bow out at final working royals engagement
- Born to jive! Katie's a class act on Strictly: Bookies cut presenter's odds after her 'first class' dance dazzles the judges
- Star signs of celebrity lockdown couples show whether their new-found love will last
- Prince Harry pranked by phone call hoaxers posing as Greta Thunberg into revealing his agony over Megxit
- Prince Harry was always the perfect bloke who’d buy staff tequila shots and leave huge tips, ex-nightclub owner says
Kate and William praised for 'class and grace' in gesture towards Meghan have 1084 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.