Prince George: Kate Middleton picture marks eighth birthday
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The future king and queen have reportedly kicked off the start of the summer holidays by taking Prince George, 8, Princess Charlotte, 6, and Prince Louis, 3, to one of their favourite staycation spots. The Cambridge family has been spending time in Tresco Island, the second-biggest island of the Isles of Scilly in Cornwall, according to Hello!.
The Met Office has forecast brief spells of sunshine this week, with maximum highs of 22C hitting the Isles of Scilly tomorrow.
However, the warm conditions may not stick around for too long as heavy and thundery showers are also expected to lash the south-western region of England.
The forecast for this week said: “This evening and tonight, showers will ease throughout the evening leaving clear spells.
“There is the potential for a few mist or fog patches developing overnight.
Kate and William could be hit with stormy weather when they visit Cornwall (Image: GETTY)
The latest weather forecasts for Cornwall have predicted thundery showers this week (Image: NETWEATHER)
“Feeling locally very cool in areas with less cloud. Minimum temperature 11C.
“On Wednesday, mostly dry with some sunshine in the morning. Isolated heavy showers expected in the afternoon, possibly thundery.
“Feeling warm in the sunshine in between showers, with light winds. Maximum temperature 22C.
“Then an unsettled few days, with Thursday bringing a persistent band of heavy showers with locally strong winds, especially coastal areas.
Prince Charles owns much of the island (Image: GETTY)
“Extensive heavy, thundery showers on Friday. Saturday becoming drier with sunny spells.”
Kate and William are believed to have travelled to the same privately-owned island with their children last year instead of going on holiday abroad.
This will most likely have been due to the Covid pandemic causing travel disruption, which is also causing problems for holidaymakers this summer too.
Last July, there were reported to have visited just before George and Charlotte returned to school.
DON’T MISS Meghan Markle told her book not suitable for children [REVEALED] Who lives in Kensington Palace? Meet all the Royal residents [INSIGHT] Meghan may receive birthday message from Firm ‘through gritted teeth’ [REACTION]
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are said to be on holiday with their children (Image: EXPRESS)
A source said at the time: “They were keen to support our travel industry.”
The Royal Family then returned a few months later in October, where they stayed in a four-bedroom stone cottage.
An unnamed holidaymaker who claimed they saw the royals told The Sun: “We hardly noticed at first as they seemed a normal family on holiday intent on keeping themselves to themselves.
“The place where they were staying was quite modest and certainly not hugely luxurious. We couldn’t help thinking what the weather might be like in California — but it’s much better to be holidaying here in Britain.”
Kate and William also visited the island in 2016 (Image: GETTY)
The island may also hold special memories for William, who visited Tresco with his parents Prince Charles and Princess Diana, and his younger brother, Prince Harry, in 1989.
They were all pictured heading out on a bike ride, with Diana seen standing behind him in a bright pink jumper.
William also visited the island with Kate in 2016, where they were pictured boarding a boat to St Martin’s after visiting the Tresco Abbey Garden.
Prince Charles owns a lot of the land and one-third of the homes on the island, through the Duchy of Cornwall.
- Kate Middleton has been 'left devastated' by Finding Freedom revelations about her feud with Meghan Markle while Prince Harry and Prince William are having 'stilted and difficult' conversations, according to royal experts
- Meghan Markle gave Kate Middleton a Smythson notebook to 'break the ice' and 'cooed over 20-month-old Princess Charlotte' when the pair first met, new biography claims
- Finding Freedom biographers say Meghan got a 'royal masterclass' from the Queen and saw Prince Charles as a 'second father' - before she and Harry were 'thrown under the bus' by William's aides and left 'emotionally bruised' as they departed Royal
- From Ma'am with love! The Queen, Kate Middleton and Prince William wish Meghan Markle happy birthday on Instagram as the Duchess turns 39 in LA days before release of bombshell biography
- The best books to read about the Royal family as Meghan Markle and Prince Harry biography Finding Freedom is released
- Royal biographer Lady C says ‘weak’ Harry was taken away from his family by ‘Shakespeare villain’ Meghan
- Meghan and Harry book: Prince believed he and Duchess were ‘thrown under the bus’ to protect royals
- George, Charlotte and Louis' royal childhood
- Kate Middleton and Prince William play games during a surprise trip to arcade
- Big-hearted Kate wears facemask in ’emotional’ visit to vulnerable kids at baby charity where she broke down in tears
- Idyllic celebrity UK staycations! Kate Middleton, Stacey Solomon and more holiday photos
- Prince Charles, 71, named hardest working royal in lockdown despite his own battle with coronavirus
- The only winners from this oily guff are the authors cashing in: RICHARD KAY's devastating verdict on sensational new royals book Finding Freedom
- How Prince Harry and Charles’ unbreakable bond means the door is still open for a return to royal life
- Robin Williams: The Triumphant Life and Painful Final Days of a Comedic Genius
- Kate Middleton and Prince William visit Nessa’s arcade on Barry Island (but they’ve never seen Gavin and Stacey!)
- Priti Patel appoints ex-Royal Marine to combat migrant smuggling gangs causing Channel border crisis
- Meghan Markle guided Prince Harry on his ‘journey to wokeness’ after he ‘witnessed her facing racism’, author claims
- Racism in the Monarchy ‘played a role’ in Meghan Markle and Prince Harry quitting Royal Family, author claims
- Truth behind what looked like portrait of one very happy family: Prince of Wales' official 70th birthday family photograph was 'absolute nightmare' because of difficulties with brothers, biography claims
Kate and William misery as royals face lightning storm hell on secret trip with children have 1077 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.