A SUSPECT was arrested in Florida after three people were shot dead at a home in South Carolina.
Local news outlet WYFF4 reported that two women and a man were killed in Greenwood County on Monday.
Jeffrey David Powell was arrested in Jacksonville, Florida after cops launched a manhunt, according to WYFF4.
The 36-year-old was considered “armed and dangerous” after the shooting and his status was upgraded from “person of interest” to suspect.
Powell reportedly caught a commercial flight to Florida and was arrested at a hotel, according to Fox Carolina.
Deputies at the scene told the outlet a fourth victim, a man, was taken to the hospital. His condition was not released.
The victims’ ages were not confirmed.
“The status of the victims is unknown at this time as well the motive for the shooting,” a press release from the Greenwood County Sheriff’s Department said.
Cops told Fox Carolina that Powell has known contacts in Greenwood and Georgia but it remains unknown if he knew his victims.
Most read in News
Deputies were dispatched to the area near Heddy Road at around 3pm local time.
Greenwood County Sheriff Dennis Kelly thanked US Marshals, South Carolina law enforcement, and locals cops for their assistance during the search.
Cops described Powell as 6-foot-2, 260 pounds, balding, and has a large tattoo on his neck.
- University of South Carolina student murdered after mistaking car for Uber, police say
- Washington mother was shot dead by her estranged husband as she sat with her three young children in a minivan in a school parking lot, her devastated family reveals
- Gunman who 'shot dead his ex-girlfriend and went on a murderous rampage with another woman kills himself during stand-off with police'
- 'We have an officer down, shots fired': Dramatic police radio captures the moment officers shot dead a man suspected of killing his girlfriend before 'ambushing' cops outside HQ
- XXXTentacion: Controversial rapper shot dead in Florida aged 20
- AP: Jeffrey Epstein’s Guards Worked Extreme Overtime Shifts the Night of His Death
- Fiancée of unarmed black football player shot by police after he knocked on someone’s door to ask for help says she forgives the officer who killed him
- Son Says Panera Gunman Had Shot Mother Before
- XXXTentacion Pronounced Dead After South Florida Shooting: Report [Updated]
- College basketball rankings: Xavier, No. 24 in Top 25 And 1, gears up for showdown with Florida
- 2 Deputies Killed in Abingdon Shooting, Suspect Dead
- Louisiana Movie Theater Shooter Identified
- Georgia man arrested after he allegedly killed girlfriend, stabbed police dog
- Woman Accused Of Firing Shots At Workers 150 Feet Up Cellphone Tower
- Watch Police Take Down Florida School Shooting Suspect Nikolas Cruz
- Andrew Gillum Is Ready. Is Florida?
- 'God spared my life today': Star baseball player is shot in the head during Texas school shooting which claimed the lives of 10 people
- A Florida woman called 911 to report a dead woman on her driveway. Police say she killed her
- Florida Man and Teenage Daughter Charged With Murder of Former Police Officer Shot While Sleeping in His Bed
- Fatal Fall; Drug Smugglers: Ramona, SD County Police Log
Greenwood County ‘shooter’ Jeffrey David Powell ARRESTED in Florida after three are shot dead in South Carolina have 592 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.