A 15-year-old girl has died inside a caravan at a North Wales holiday park.
Police confirmed the teenager’s tragic death soon after midday on Sunday, August 1, following calls to a domestic disturbance at Ty Mawr in Towyn, on Saturday afternoon.
A 19-year-old man has been arrested, with officers stating no further risk is posed to holidaymakers on the same site.
According to the force’s Facebook post, the suspect has been detained in custody around seven miles away in St Asaph.
Det Supt Mark Pierce said: “This is a tragic but isolated incident and there are no risks to members of the public.
“We would like to thank the staff and management of Ty Mawr, and members of the public both locally and those holidaying, for their support whilst we carry out are investigations.
“Our thoughts are with the family who are being supported by specially trained officers at this time.
“We urge anyone with information to contact us on 101.”
Officers along with paramedics in rapid response vehicles and ambulances as well as an air ambulance were called to Parkdean’s Ty Mawr Holiday Park on Saturday afternoon.
The A548 in Towyn was closed to allow the air ambulance to land, sparking traffic delays in the area, but has since reopened, North Wales Live reports.
A spokesman for the site said: “We are shocked and saddened by this tragic incident.
"Ty Mawr is an 100-acre family park which welcomes tens of thousands of happy holidays makers every year. This was an isolated and unprecedented incident which took place inside a caravan which is now a crime scene.
"Our team are assisting police with their enquiries and as it is a police matter we can't comment further at the moment."
The Welsh Ambulance Service (WAS) confirmed it had three rapid response vehicles, two emergency ambulances and the air ambulance at the scene.
For more stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .
- Girl, 15, dies after speedboat crashes into buoy near Southampton
- Man, 65, arrested in Belfast for the murder of 21 people in the 1974 Birmingham pub bombings is released after search of his home
- Devastated mum of girl, 15, who died after taking £10 MDMA says she misses her every day as thugs who sold drugs jailed
- Overwhelmed hospital converts parking garage to treat COVID-19 patients and people line for hours to get tested as national US hospitalizations surge to record highs of 79k and daily fatalities spike to 1,800
- Teenage driver, 15, dies and another taken to hospital after car overturns
- Pensioner woman, 74, dies after being mowed down in hit-and-run as man, 42, arrested
- Girl, 2, dies after being found with 'serious injuries' as man, 26, arrested
- Teen girl, 15, charged after cop left scarred and needing plastic surgery in boiling water attack
- Harrow shooting: Man, 19, shot outside Sudbury Hill Station as 'five gunshots' heard
- Girl, 15, sexually assaulted as three men tried to rape her when she was walking home from school
- COVID-19: Arrests at anti-lockdown protests across England as police officers injured in attacks
- Man, 49, is arrested on suspicion of murder after school teacher, 47, was killed in attack that also left a 15-year-old boy seriously injured
- 'We got them!': Relief for father of tragic Girl Scout Jodie Chesney, 17, as teenage drug dealer and his young 'runner' are found guilty of her murder after she was stabbed to death in unprovoked attack in a London park
- Man, 49, is charged with murder and attempted murder after school teacher, 47, was killed in attack that also left a 15-year-old boy seriously injured
- From TV presenter Jill Dando to estate agent Suzy Lamplugh: Britain's top 15 unsolved murders which are still baffling police
- Lahore man arrested for allegedly raping, killing minor girl
- Families of the 21 victims of 1974 Birmingham pub bombings hail 'monumental' arrest of 65-year-old suspect in Belfast as they say 'we've been waiting a long time'
- Billie, her boxer and all that jazz: BRIAN VINER reviews Billie, a forgotten archive that sheds new light on the tragic life of the legend they called 'Lady Day'
- Minor rape survivor dies after being set ablaze in Bulandshahr
- Frozen in time: Remains of wealthy man and slave killed by powerful volcanic blast when Vesuvius erupted 2,000 years ago are uncovered in Pompeii villa
Girl, 15, dies at holiday park in 'tragic but isolated incident' - man, 19, arrested have 692 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.