Dizzee Rascal has been charged with assaulting a woman after a ‘domestic argument’ at her south London home.
The British rapper, 36, whose real name is Dylan Mills, was arrested by police on June 8 on suspicion of common assault.
He is due to appear in court next month after the woman reportedly suffered an injury that did not require hospital treatment, according to The Sun .
Mills was released on bail after his arrest but was officially charged today and will appear at Croydon Magistrates’ Court on September 3.
The British rapper, 36, whose real name is Dylan Mills, was arrested by police on June 8 on suspicion of common assault
He is due to appear in court next month after the woman reportedly suffered an injury that did not require hospital treatment
Share this article
The Metropolitan Police said: ‘Dylan Mills, 36, of Sevenoaks, Kent, has been charged with assault after an incident at a residential address in Streatham on 8 June.
‘Officers attended and a woman reported minor injuries. She did not require hospital treatment. Mills is due to appear at Croydon Magistrates’ Court on Friday, 3 September.’
The rapper, who was awarded an MBE last year for services to music, won the Mercury Award for album of the year in 2003 with his first solo album, Boy in da Corner.
The rapper, who was awarded an MBE last year for services to music, won the Mercury Award for album of the year in 2003 with his first solo album, Boy in da Corner
He has had a litany of UK number one hits including Fix Up, Look Sharp and Bonkers.
His private life is little reported on as the musician prefers to keep press coverage to a minimum but it is believed that he has previously dated model Kaya Bousquet, who died in a high-speed car crash in 2008.
Mills has his own record label called Dirtee Stank and was able to win over new fans in March this year when he appeared on the Great British Bake-Off.
- How one woman solved Britain's most notorious honour killing: Despite no body, no evidence and a conspiracy of silence, detective who will be played by Keeley Hawes in new drama was determined to see justice done
- Army join the front line in war on coronavirus as squaddies finish building emergency Nightingale Hospital in London ahead of first patients arriving TODAY
- Dirty Old London: The Victorian Fight Against Filth by Lee Jackson – review
- Man, 35, is stabbed to death in north east London as 20-year-old male is arrested on suspicion of his murder
- TV extra who was sexually assaulted by a man posing as a headshot photographer reveals police told her it was pointless pursuing charges - but asked for her help five years later when he attacked two other women
- Man choked girlfriend during coronavirus lockdown argument over choice of music
- Ventilator 'rationing' begins in UK: Only patients with 'reasonable certainty' of survival are put on the machines at London hospital – as Britain's coronavirus death toll rises by 209 to 1,228 and infections jump by 2,483 to 19,522
- NINE die in string of domestic killings as Britain enters second week of quarantine: Whole family of four are found dead in Sussex home, husband is charged with killing wife, NHS nurse is stabbed to death and three die in murder-suicide
- Coronavirus live updates: Pray at home — about one-third of Sacramento County cases tied to churches
- Serial sex predator, 34, is jailed for eight years for attacking a woman in the street after he was released early from prison
- Roman Polanski’s Alleged Sexual Assaults: What You Need to Know
- Love Island's £5.3m Cape Town villa 'will be patrolled by armed guards following recent nightclub shooting as producers aren't taking any chances when it comes to safety'
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS hospital in London is 'about to run out of two essential anaesthetic drugs' for intensive care patients amid the coronavirus crisis
- Domestic abuse victim who was battered by thug boyfriend once praised by Sir Richard Branson warns women that her ex has been released from jail
- Woman arrested and fined in South Australia for breaching coronavirus border controls
- Covidiots call police asking 'can I wash my horse?' and 'can I go shopping?' as Briton's defy government's warnings to stay at home to head to parks and beaches – with temperatures set to soar to 20C today
- Laura Whitmore lands £1 million Love Island deal following Caroline Flack death
- Former Neighbours' star Craig McLachlan enjoys minor victory with several charges withdrawn - but faces another five week wait to learn his fate
- 2 Naugatuck Residents Accused Of Assault: Police
- Florida sheriff’s deputy arrested on domestic battery charge
Dizzee Rascal, 36, is charged with assaulting a woman following 'domestic argument' at her south London home have 772 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.