The Nuggets also agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal with 13-year veteran Jeff Green , his agent Jason Glushon told ESPN’s Malika Andrews. The agreement includes a player option in the second year of Green’s contract.
Re-signing Barton, whose seven seasons in Denver make him the longest-tenured Nugget, was considered a top priority for president of basketball operations Tim Connelly. Barton, 30, declined his $14.7 million player option for next season, making him a free agent .
The veteran wing suffered a hamstring injury and missed more than six weeks at the end of the regular season and into the playoffs before returning for Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Phoenix Suns . He averaged 12.7 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game during the regular season.
Denver’s two-year commitment to Green, 34, comes on the heels of a string of one-year, veterans minimum contracts for Green with the Cleveland Cavaliers , Washington Wizards , Houston Rockets , Utah Jazz and Brooklyn Nets .
As a key role player for the Nets last season, Green averaged 11 points and shot just over 41% from 3-point range.
Green brings a plethora of playoff experience to Denver. He has played in 78 postseason games — including last season in Brooklyn, when he put up 27 points in a Game 5 win over the Milwaukee Bucks in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Green has averaged 12.8 points and 4.4 rebounds for his career. He played alongside Nuggets forward Aaron Gordon in Orlando during the 2016-17 season.
Green’s deal includes $4.5 million in salary and $500,000 in unlikely performance bonuses.
ESPN’s Malika Andrews contributed to this report.
- Report: Nuggets sign Paul Millsap to three-year, $90 million deal - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- Bears agree to terms with former Cowboys QB Andy Dalton on a reported one-year, $10 million deal
- Denver Nuggets will eventually feel loss of Jerami Grant
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Red Devils reportedly agree £80 million deal for Borussia Dortmund star
- San Franciscans to get $32 million for rent relief in last-minute budget deal
- Patrick Mahomes could be the first NFL player to sign a $200 million deal
- Evgenii Dadonov: Forward signs 3-year, $15 million contract with Senators
- With Shane Greene No Savior, Atlanta Braves Still Battle Bullpen Blues
- Nuggets’ offseason priorities: Michael Porter Jr.’s contract, Aaron Gordon’s potential extension and the backcourt conundrum
- Seems like old times as Nuggets face Trail Blazers
- Tim Tebow, Jaylon Smith headline list of NFL veterans from each team who should fear chopping block in 2021
- Draymond Green Doesn’t Mind Missing the N.B.A. Finals. This Year.
- NFL’s Highest-Paid Players 2019: Russell Wilson On Top At $79 Million
- Case Keenum Agrees To 3-Year Deal Worth Up To $18 Million With The Cleveland Browns
- All the latest Amazon Prime Day Echo deals and sales
- Jeanie Buss says she has no plans to bring Phil Jackson back to Lakers - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- Nuggets Mailbag: What sort of moves can Tim Connelly make this offseason?
- Kiszla: Is Michael Porter Jr. more valuable to Nuggets as foundational piece or trade bait?
- Ranking all 32 NFL rosters by talent heading into 2021 training camp: Tom Brady's Bucs at top, Browns No. 3
- Capela, Covington trade core of Rockets, Wolves, Hawks, Nuggets swap
Denver Nuggets bring back Will Barton on 2-year, $32 million deal; also agree to add veteran Jeff Green have 535 words, post on abcnews.go.com at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.