CHELSEA are hot on the heels of talented youngster Lucas Gourna-Douath, according to reports.
The Blues believe the 17-year-old Saint-Etienne wonderkid is set for a bright future in the game.
However, they aren’t the only club who want to add the France U19 international to their ranks.
The Champions League winners face competition from Serie A side Atalanta, and Bundesliga teams Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund for the midfielder’s services.
According to RMC Sport , Atalanta are preparing a £9million offer for the teenager who appeared 30 times for the Ligue 1 club last season.
However, the report claims it will take more than that for Saint-Etienne to consider a deal.
It is also believed Gourna-Douath is happy to stay in France for the time being and continue his development.
And he is currently in discussions to extend his contract until 2025.
But a sizeable offer could persuade Saint-Etienne to do business, after their finances were impeded by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Most read in Football
It has been said that Saint-Etienne are holding out for as much as £23m for Gourna-Douath.
Chelsea have done business with Saint-Etienne before, signing Kurt Zouma for £12m in 2014.
So the West Londoners will hope that familiar relations will give them the upper hand in transfer negotiations moving forward.
Dream Team 2021/22
PLAY DREAM TEAM FOR THE 2021/22 SEASON!
- £100,000 in prize money up for grabs
- £50million budget to build your best XI
- Play in Mini Leagues against your mates, colleagues, etc
- Click here to play for FREE
- Dream Team app available through Apple Store and Google Play Store
- Kurt Zouma signs for Chelsea on five-and-a-half year contract
- 7.15pm Transfer news LIVE: Messi to Man City FREE, Barcelona and Real Madrid chase Grealish, Werner move LATEST
- Transfer deadline day – as it happened
- The Reds are champs in waiting. But there is a 10-team fight against relegation - including Arsenal
- FMIA Week 14: How George Kittle and the ‘Choice’ Route Helped Lift 49ers Over Saints in the Game of the Year
- Arsenal misfit Dani Ceballos on brink of Valencia transfer after disappointing loan spell under Arteta from Real Madrid
- When Man City picked up yet more silverware - August 2018 review of the year
- Callum Hudson-Odoi transfer talk shows difference between Bundesliga and Premier League
- Is Kylian Mbappé spoiled or just spoiling for a move from PSG?
- Premier League questions: Will Unai Emery outwit Pep Guardiola?
- Manchester United reporter notebook: How United are shaping up going into their winter break
- Seven Man Utd players at risk including Pogba and Lingard as Solskjaer says clearout has only just begun
- The Premier League falling in line with Europe as the UK heads out
- Neymar says Jadon Sancho is a 'special player'
- Keith Richards Meets the Mounties and Faces the Music
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breakup: Relive Their Relationship Highs and Lows
- Pete Buttigieg IS ahead in Iowa caucus results as Democrats FINALLY unveil two-thirds of votes - with Bernie Sanders in second place and Joe Biden in distant FOURTH
- Iowa Democratic results will not be known for HOURS as fiasco deepens with party admitting they have 'inconsistencies' in the count and are using paper ballots after denying they were HACKED
- Martin Odegaard, 16, becomes Real Madrid's youngest player
- Soho stories: celebrating six decades of sex, drugs and rock’n’roll
Chelsea in four-way Lucas Gourna-Douath transfer fight with 17-year-old St-Etienne midfielder seen as future superstar have 641 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.