Charlene White says she fell down the stairs
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Charlene White, 41, penned a heartfelt message to ITV broadcaster Gary Burgess, who revealed it was his “last day at work”. The Loose Women presenter reacted to his candid message after he shared the news on Twitter today following an “emotional rollercoaster”.
Gary explained that he will be departing ITV as a reporter and explained he is headed for early retirement.
In view of his 17,200 followers, he penned: “I would like to apologise for today's thread of tweets which start here.
“It's going to be an emotional rollercoaster of a day as it's my last day of work. I'll be sharing special stuff along the way.
“No. Really. Retiring at 45? What a liberty!”
Charlene White bids farewell to ITV colleague amid ‘health issues’ (Image: ITV)
Gary Burgess announced his departure from ITV (Image: ITV)
Charlene reacted to the news as she offered some kind words to her former colleague.
She replied: “Sending you love, hugs, and everything in between Gary xx.”
Gary took the opportunity to reply to the Loose Women host, as he said: “And thank YOU Charlene.”
The broadcaster is retiring from his role as one of ITV’s senior reporters to focus on his own health and wellbeing, nine months after being given a terminal cancer prognosis.
Loose Women host Charlene White penned a heartfelt post (Image: TWITTER CHARLENE WHITE)
Gary Burgess reflected on his life and career amid his cancer diagnosis (Image: TWITTER GARY BURGESS)
Loose Women Hosts and Panellists (Image: EXPRESS)
Gary has chosen to retire from work to, in his words, "make memories" with his husband Alan, and close friends and family.
In a candid article, he wrote: “You may know I've had some health issues of late, the cancer is now advancing more, and doctors tell me the time has come to focus on my own wellbeing in whatever limited time I have left to enjoy life.”
BBC News journalist Elisabeth Mahy joined Charlene in the comments section, adding: “Enjoy today, Gary. You’re a brilliant broadcaster and top reporter. Here’s to your getting a nice bit of breaking news today! All the best.”
ITV reporter Joshua Stokes said: “Once a legend, always a legend – and you certainly are that. Hope you have a fantastic day Gary, reminiscing in your greatness.”
Monty Don hits back at claims of ‘privileged position’ [LATEST] Liz Hurley, 56, gives fans an eyeful as she showcases amazing physique [PICTURES] Louise Minchin in cryptic post after quitting BBC Breakfast [TV]
“Retiring but definitely not putting your feet up! You've come a long way since life at radio Wave. I hope you've got some amazing things planned. Lots of love Gary,” said ITV Granada’s Sarah Rogers.
Gary went on to share some of his most poignant memories of his time, as he detailed his journalism career over the years on the micro-blogging site.
He wrote: “Some memories of presenting the 6pm programme over the years.
“I'm at my happiest out reporting and going live on location – I get strangely so so nervous in the studio so haven't done it for ages. But here's proof of some of those sofa outings. Good times.”
In a final tweet, Gary penned: “‘Pack your passport…’
“Over the years I've been so lucky to report and present from so many places for @ITVChannelTV.
“The Island Games in Bermuda an absolute highlight, alongside France, London and a blizzard in St Helier!”
Gary began working at ITV Channel TV in May 2011, initially as a reporter in the Guernsey newsroom, before moving to Jersey in March 2012 where he expanded his role to include producing the nightly 6pm programme.
Over the years he has reported from all of the Channel Islands, as well as presenting special programmes and reports from France, the UK, and the 2013 Island Games in Bermuda.
- Loose Women’s late-night show will be ‘racier’
- Olivia Attwood says reality stars are abused online more than anyone after hateful troll slammed her Mike Thalassitis tribute
- What time is The Chase on ITV TODAY, who’s The Beast and is there a board game?
- Love Island star Mike Thalassitis leaves an important legacy of real debate on mental health
- Protesters to bombard Health Secretary with pictures of flowers that look female privates on social media
- 101 of the most incredible Plymouth women
- Is Bradley Walsh married, does The Chase host have children and what’s his net worth?
- Emmerdale star Jane Cox to bow out as Lisa Dingle after more than 20 years
- Annie Lennox: I don’t feel I’m a ‘white saviour’ when I use my platform to help
- Doctors should quiz kids over excessive social media use amid fears over their mental health
- International Women's Day 2019
- POLITICO London Playbook: Sweet 16 — The end of May? — Farewell to a legend
- Karl Lagerfeld cremation – Anna Wintour joins models and fashion royalty to bid emotional farewell to legendary Chanel designer
- POLITICO London Playbook: Grimsby dos and don’ts — Last-ditch talks — Happy International Women’s Day
- Plus-size models who host C4’s Naked Beach claim ‘getting your bits out’ boosts body image
- Who is Rochelle Humes? This Morning presenter and Saturdays star married to Marvin Humes
- Strictly bosses hold talks with former England manager Sam Allardyce, 64, in bid to sign him up to the dancefloor
- CJ de Mooi slams Eggheads co-stars' for their silence after his HIV revelation
- CJ de Mooi claims Eggheads stars shunned him after HIV revelation
- Charlie Sheen admits he felt possessed by a demon and is 'tired of apologising'
Charlene White: Loose Women host bids farewell to ITV co-star amid 'health issues' have 1070 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.