A group focused on removing the idea of monarchy from the UK recently brought to light a growing number of anger brewing among the British public in regards to Prince Charles' likely future ascension to the throne.
This claim has been brought forward by the Republic CEO Graham Smith.
During his interview with Express he was quoted saying, "People do not particularly want Charles, I suspect the people that say Charles are the believers who think it ought to be Charles because he is the heir."
"And so their reaction is that, of course, it should be Charles. I think everybody else wants to have a choice. This is where British values and people’s expectations and opinions about individuals collide with the monarchy."
"The monarchy does not adapt or change and there is no way it can accommodate that wish for a choice. Regardless of the opinion polls, it will be Charles, he could come in with one percent of support in every opinion poll for the next five years and it will still be him becoming head of state after the Queen."
"I think that is going to cause some significant problems and that is why they want to keep Charles front and centre, to try and win people around."
- Prince Charles delivers solemn message on social media to mark iconic activist’s birth
- 'I'm Not That Stupid,' Prince Charles Assures the United Kingdom
- British cops release video of attack on Prince Charles and Camilla's car during student protests
- Prince Charles’ second batch of private letters to government ministers released
- McD gets royal dis from Prince Charles
- Brooke Astor told royal dis to Prince Charles' gal
- Brooke Astor's Prince Charles 'mistress' crack to Camilla Parker Bowles proof of her own crack-up
- How Camilla has revamped her public image, royal insiders reveal
- Company, Come From Away and The Inheritance lead way at Olivier Awards
- Prince Harry notified The Queen before bombshell statement defending Meghan Markle
- Prince Harry had secretly been planning Meghan Markle defence since March
- Prince Harry: Duke broke this key Royal Family rule when travelling to see Meghan Markle
- Prince William, Kate Middleton marry, share first kiss as royal couple at Buckingham Palace
- Prince Harry greets Australians, warns youth about selfies as he preps to embed with army
- Kate Middleton, Prince William emerge with royal baby girl
- Army service could make Prince Harry target of Islamic terrorism at home
- Prince William crowned a 'shadow king' after document reveals he will take on more responsibilities
- Scotland Yard braces for security threats to royal wedding of Prince William, Kate Middleton
- Bishop Pete Broadbent who compared Prince William and Kate Middleton to 'shallow' celebs suspended
- Fallen Lieutenant pal of Prince William
British public lash out at Prince Charles’ right to ascension: ‘Go away!’ have 650 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.