The 20-year-old only made his USA debut in the group stage but has scored once and supplied an assist in four appearances ahead of Sunday night’s final against Mexico.
Following Schalke’s relegation from the Bundesliga last season has increased the likelihood that Hoppe will depart the Veltins Arena this summer and the club have received contact from Premier League clubs.
Despite having two tears left on his contract, Hoppe could represent a bargain this summer as he is valued at just £4million by the German side.
Reporter Grant Wahl has confirmed that Hoppe is likely to leave the club this summer and that both Arsenal and Everton have enquired about his availability and cost.
Hoppe only broke into the Schalke first team in January, scoring a hat-trick against Hoffenheim in their first league win of the season.
Goals against Eintracht Frankfurt and Koln in his next two games to take his tally to five goals in three appearances, he went on to add one more before the season ended to finish as Schalke top scorer with six goals and one assist in 24 appearances.
He joined Schalke in 2019, moving from one of Barcelona’s US academies and his form since breaking into the side forced him into the USA squad for the Gold Cup.
Where will Arsenal finish in the Premier League next season? Let us know in the comments section below.
Having made his debut in the second group match against Martinique he has since featured in every game and scored in the quarter-final victory over Jamaica.
The USA are now preparing to face Mexico in Sunday’s final after coming through their semi-final with guest participants and 2022 World Cup hosts Qatar.
Schalke were relegated from the Bundesliga last season for the first time since 1988, ending a 30-year stint in the German top flight in what was a record breaking campaign for all the wrong reasons.
The Royal Blues won just three league matches all season and were winless until January as they came close to breaking Tasmania Berlin’s 55-year record of 31 consecutive matches without victory.
Arsenal and Everton are now hoping to capitalise on this and make the in-form Hoppe their fourth signing of the summer.
The Gunners have so far spent £75million on the signings of Ben White, Albert Sambi Lokonga and Nuno Tavares, whilst Everton have secured three signings for a combined fee of just £1.8million.
The free signings of Asmir Begovic and Andros Townsend came either side of the arrival of Demarai Gray from Bayer Leverkusen for just under £2million as new manager Rafael Benitez builds his squad.
Get your hands on your club’s special edition 2021/22 annual. Find out more here .
- Arsenal, Everton and Wolves in three-way James Rodriguez transfer battle but must convince star to finally join Prem
- Arsenal transfer target Jonathan David admits he would ‘love’ to play in Premier League despite Barcelona dream
- 2pm Arsenal news LIVE: Coutinho £70m price tag, Lingard and Smalling transfer targets, Premier League Coronavirus LATEST
- 8.30am Arsenal news LIVE: Gnabry wears Gunners shirt, Sagna continues attack on club, Jose Reyes tragedy
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Zlatan Ibrahimovic: The best XI of stars Arsene Wenger tried and failed to sign
- Wenger’s seven most forgettable signings at Arsenal
- 1pm Arsenal news LIVE: James Rodriguez transfer target, Ceballos and Martinelli exit fears, Mesut Ozil free departure
- Everton make offer for Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes
- Arsenal finally pay Emiliano Martinez’s transfer clause to former club after five-month battle
- Arsenal and Chelsea transfer target Gabriel Magalhaes comes from same academy as Hazard and Pepe, and he idolised Neymar
- Transfer news: James to Everton; Meunier to Man United
- Everton: What was different, and what’s the way forward?
- How Arsenal could line up with James Rodriguez, Odsonne Edouard and Dayot Upamecano alongside William Saliba in defence
- Five defensive midfielders Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta could target this summer including shock Declan Rice transfer
- Arsenal news LIVE: Aubameyang laughs off contract talk, Fekir transfer latest, Arteta eyes Luka Jovic
- 11pm Arsenal news LIVE: Gnabry wears Gunners shirt, Sagna continues attack on club, Jose Reyes tragedy
- Jonathan David: the in-demand striker with his sights on the very top
- Mesut Ozil could leave Arsenal on a free transfer as club prioritise new deals for Aubameyang, Nelson and Saka
- Arsenal interested in Barcelona flop Ousmane Dembele but £70m transfer fee demand could put Mikel Arteta off
- Serbia striker Prijovic arrested for flouting coronavirus curfew
Arsenal to battle Everton for Schalke striker who has dazzled for US at Gold Cup have 754 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.