Dr. Anthony Fauci is "in favor" of local vaccine mandates despite previously admitting people cannot be forced to get the jab.
Last year, Fauci spoke during a town hall with Healthline and explicitly said he did not see a vaccine mandate in the United States's future.
"I don't think you'll ever see a mandating of vaccine, particularly for the general public," Fauci said at the time, adding, "If someone refuses the vaccine in the general public, then there's nothing you can do about that. You cannot force someone to take a vaccine."
A person holds up a protest sign as people gather at City Hall to protest vaccine mandates on August 09, 2021 in New York City (Photo by Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images).
However, Fauci has altered his position this year, actively advocating for vaccine mandates across the country.
During an appearance on CNN's State of the Union last month, Fauci expressed the belief that there should be "more mandates."
"I have been of this opinion, and I remain of that opinion that I do believe at the local level, Jake, there should be more mandates," the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told Jake Tapper at the time .
"There really should be," he continued. "We're talking about [a] life-and-death situation. We've lost 600,000 Americans already, and we're still losing more people."
At the time, Fauci added that full authorization of the vaccines from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) would go a long way and trigger "a lot more mandates."
"This is serious business, so I am in favor of that," Fauci said:
You know, one of the things that will happen, and I think the hesitancy at the local level of doing mandates is because the vaccines have not been officially, fully approved, but people need to understand that the amount of data right now that shows a high degree of effectiveness and a high degree of safety is more than we've ever seen with emergency use authorization.
Vaccine mandates have become an emerging theme in conversation in the past days and weeks. This month, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) bragged about his plan to force businesses to discriminate against the unvaccinated via the Key to NYC Pass.
"The voluntary phase is over," de Blasio declared , predicting that similar mandates will go into effect "all over the country."
Indeed, San Francisco followed suit, requiring individuals to show proof of vaccination prior to entering indoor establishments such as restaurants and gyms, Mayor London Breed announced:
A number of businesses, large and small, have already led by requiring proof of vaccination before this.
This new health order is about protecting the health of employees, residents, and visitors, and keeping our businesses open.
— London Breed (@LondonBreed) August 12, 2021
- Outspoken sports star Anthony Mundine continues his anti-vaxx stance with another bizarre warning to parents about 'cocktails of immunisations going wrong'
- University Presents ‘Refutation’ Of Ben Shapiro, Speaker Admits He Didn’t Attend Shapiro’s Speech
- How Anti-Science Forces Thrive On Facebook
- 5 Reasons Why People Might Think You’re Weird
- These People Are Being Robbed Of A Second Chance At Life
- Passengers complain their train services have been scrapped and cancelled despite new timetable promising more services and shorter journeys coming into force this morning in a major shake-up for Britain's railways
- Recap: I’ve Helped a Lot of People
- Marjorie Dannenfelser: Democrats’ Impeachment Blues and Abortion Extremism Are Connected
- INTERVIEW (Part II): Health Care Policy Expert Joe Antos On The Harsh Realities And Dangers Of ‘Medicare For All’
- 'Children are dropping like flies': Mother of Britain's youngest gang victim Jaden Moodie, 14, says drug users are to blame for spate of turf war murders after her son was knocked off his moped and stabbed to death after being 'groomed' as a mule
- Russian troops rush to fill void left by U.S. troops in northern Syria
- This neuroscientist is fighting sexual harassment in science—but her own job is in peril
- The Democrats' family feud: Insults fly as the top 10 candidates go head-to-head for the first time with Joe Biden targeted for his age, bitter disputes over healthcare and candidates wrestling over who is the TRUE heir to Obama
- UK election: Boris Johnson's Conservatives win majority +++ live updates
- UK election: Boris Johnson's Conservatives win majority — as it happened
- WATCH: Ben Shapiro Dismantles The Left’s Claim That America Was Built On Slavery
- Freddie Mercury: 10 Things You Didn’t Know Queen Singer Did
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by AdvaMed - House panel expected to approve impeachment articles Thursday
- Japan's Shinzo Abe wins party backing as prime minister
- Justin Haskins: Socialists in US beware – the lessons from Conservatives' landslide win in Britain
Anthony Fauci 'in Favor' of Vaccine Mandates Despite Admitting People Can't Be Forced have 828 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.