The One Show: Alex on Joanna Page replacing her
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Alex Jones, 44, was joined on tonight’s offering of The One Show with her co-presenter Gethin Jones, 43. The pregnant star chatted with Gavin and Stacey actress, Joanna Page, 44, as she shared some exciting news with viewers.
The small-screen star, who recently announced she was pregnant with her fourth child, said she would be “taking over” from Alex.
It comes after it was revealed last month that Joanna and her co-star Melanie Sykes would be replacing The One Show presenter and Steph McGovern on the consumer series Shop Well For Less.
Addressing the big news, Alex began: “Now then, not being content with being the nation’s sweetheart on Gavin and Stacey, Joanna Page, is now fronting the latest series of Shop Well For Less.”
She added: “It’s a lovely show to work on.”
Alex Jones reacts to TV ‘replacement’ amid last week on The One Show (Image: BBC)
Alex Jones was joined on The One Show by Gethin Jones (Image: BBC)
Joanna remarked: “I’m taking over from the lovely Alex [Jones] and Steph [McGovern].
“I’m keeping the Welsh contingent there!”
Alex and Steph previously fronted the consumer and lifestyle series but the latter stepped down from the role following her move to Channel 4.
The news of Joanna’s latest presenting gig comes as Alex confirmed her final week on The One Show as she prepares for her summer break and maternity leave.
Gavin and Stacey star Joanna Page is presenting Shop Well For Less (Image: BBC)
Alex Jones confirmed it was her last week on The One Show (Image: INSTAGRAM ALEX JONES)
Top 10 Highest BBC Salaries (Image: EXPRESS)
The Welsh television presenter is just weeks away from welcoming her third child with her husband Charlie Thomson.
Taking to Instagram, the BBC host confirmed it was her “last week” on the programme.
Sharing an update with her 300,000 Instagram followers, the mum-of-two posed in a stunning yellow dress.
Displaying her blossoming baby bump, Alex took to the makeup chair ahead of her appearance on yesterday’s show.
Jeremy Clarkson’s farm sparks concern as hundreds rush to visit [LATEST] Mark Labbett addresses Bradley Walsh’s remarks about his weight [EXCLUSIVE] Karren Brady blasts ‘disgraceful’ mockery of Prince George [ROYALS]
She penned: “Last week on the show before we break for the summer and I go off for some mat leave.”
And following the episode, Alex shared another picture of her baby bump and said she had enjoyed the show “so much” as she prepared to wind down before “the baba arrives”.
She added: “Nice to catch up with Gethin Jones too. Dress from Nobody’s Child. Won’t be able to fit through the studio door soon.”
Alex announced she was having a little girl on The One Show back in March.
The presenter and her husband Charlie are already parents to four-year-old Teddy and two-year-old Kit.
It is unclear who will be replacing Alex on the One Show while she is on maternity leave.
A number of guests presenters have featured on the programme in her absence.
The One Show airs weekdays on BBC One at 7pm.
- Alex Jones says lockdown ruined Matt Baker's work plans after he quit The One Show
- The One Show's Alex Jones suffers awkward 'baby news' blunder with Strictly duo
- 'I wasn't in that!' David Schwimmer is left speechless as The One Show's Matt Baker and Alex Jones confuse him with a child actor in unfortunate live gaffe
- "Mark Changed The Rules": How Facebook Went Easy On Alex Jones And Other Right-Wing Figures
- “Mark Changed The Rules”: How Facebook Went Easy On Alex Jones And Other Right-Wing Figures
- Alex Scott looks effortlessly stylish in a black leather midi skirt and floral top as she heads home after filming The One Show
- Suranne Jones poses in shed and Samantha Morton goes 'topless' as nominees bring red-carpet glamour to their homes and gardens for glitzy online shoot by Rankin ahead of virtual BAFTA TV Awards
- Piers Morgan's possible GMB replacements as he quits immediately amid Meghan Markle controversy
- BBC reporter Sonja McLaughlan cries in car after horrific online abuse following Eddie Jones and Owen Farrell interviews
- Rita Ora 'replacing Kylie Minogue' on The Voice
- John Barrowman calls for transgender Doctor Who after Jodie Whittaker’s exit – insisting BBC must ‘take the leap’
- iPhone battery replacement cost and deadline
- Alex Scott is dating Coronation Street hunk Sam Robertson
- Padilla has 'big Chuck Taylors to fill' in replacing Harris
- How will America's friends and foes react to the Jan. 6 insurrection?
- Bloodlands cast: Who stars in the BBC drama?
- Jeopardy! champion Brayden Smith dead at 24 just three months after host Alex Trebek’s death from pancreatic cancer
- Louis Theroux to investigate wild world of snooker for new BBC documentary series
- Schumer says he's working to find votes to confirm Biden's OMB pick
- Tanden's path to confirmation looks increasingly untenable
Alex Jones reacts to BBC 'replacement' as she confirms last week on The One Show have 988 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.