One more million doses of Sinopharm’s COVID-19 vaccine Vero Cell arrived at Ho Chi Minh City-based Tan Son Nhat Airport on August 14.
Illustrative image: Rappler
This is as part of a deal to acquire five million doses that the ministry gave permission for the State-owned Saigon Pharmaceutical Group (Sapharco) in HCM City to import. The first batch of one million doses landed in the city on July 31.
Vero Cell was approved for emergency use by the WHO in May, and given conditional approval for use in Viet Nam on June 4.
Earlier, the Chinese Government donated 500,000 doses Viet Nam, which have been used for Chinese nationals living and working in the country, Vietnamese residents in border areas with China, and people who engage in trade and service exchanges with Viet Nam’s northern neighbor.
To date, the Southeast Asian country has received a total of 21.5 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines and is expected to get additional 9.3 million doses in late August and September.
In addition, around 60 million vaccine doses are scheduled to land in the country in the last quarter of 2021.
As of late August 13, 13,256,472 vaccine doses were administered in Viet Nam, with 1,191,855 people fully vaccinated./.
- Vietnam to replace pentavalent vaccine this year
- 10 days in Vietnam – Sensing the Timeless Charm
- Saigon Market- Top 10 Markets in South Vietnam
- Three new vaccines to be used in national vaccination programme
- Vietnam invests in 34 overseas projects till April
- International support for Vietnam in livestock waste treatment
- Conservation concerns as yet another resort pushed to take over beaches in Vietnam
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – April 19
- Opportunities to promote Vietnam's tourism economy
- Vietnam – investment destination for many French businesses
- Greece Meets Thailand & Vietnam OTB 2018
- Vietnam’s coastline ripes for luxury tourism
- More than 93% of foreigners satisfied with their trips to Vietnam: survey
- Vietnam Journey
- Asia Pacific destinations welcomed a record 597 million foreign visitors in 2017
- Vietnam’s waterway logistics in deep trouble
- Vietnam among top 10 countries affected by Cambridge Analytica scandal
- Cultural values preserved in ancestral land
- Unlocking Vietnam’s digital future
- Incredibles 2 Smashes Global Box Office, Debuting to $231.5 Million
Additional one million doses of Sinopharm's COVID-19 vaccine land in Vietnam have 332 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.