Princess Leonor, 15, and Infanta Sofia, 14, planted trees at their first joint outing without their parents, King Felipe and Queen Letizia
The princesses planted trees in the protected forest area of Hayedo de Montejo in Madrid, along with a group of other teenagers, aged between 14 and 16.
The royal sisters participated in the European initiative, “A tree for Europe” to raise awareness about the fight against climate change.
WATCH: Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia’s first joint outing without King Felipe and Queen Letizia
Princess Leonor, 15, and Infanta Sofia, 14, were both dressed casually in white T-shirts and jeans for their outdoor engagement, and donned face masks.
Meanwhile, their father, King Felipe, visited the school of navy officers in Cadiz.
The princesses helped to plant trees
It comes after heir to the Spanish throne, Princess Leonor, carried out her very first solo engagement in March, visiting the Cervantes Institute in Madrid as part of its 30th anniversary celebrations.
The princess is set for a big change this summer as she’s set to move to the UK for the next stage of her education in August.
It marked a milestone day for Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia
Princess Leonor will study the International Baccalaureate program for two years at the UWC Atlantic College in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales.
UWC is set in the 12th century St Donat’s Castle on the southern Welsh coast and campus facilities include a library, woodland, an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, and classrooms within historic buildings.
Make sure you never miss a ROYAL story! Sign up to our newsletter to get all of our celebrity, royal and lifestyle news delivered directly to your inbox.
- Young minds take sign language into the digital age
- Police urge parents to curb teen traffic accidents
- Young Southeast Asian leaders initiative workshop: "YSEALI generation - Ideas into action"
- Bản in : Vietnam, Philippines issue joint statement on strategic partnership
- Bản in : Students engaged in Vi-Giam folk singing festival
- Young people join hands to restore traditional costumes
- Young footballers get rare chance
- Wedding custom of the Nung Colorful Vietnam-Vietnam’s 54 ethnic groups
- Social News 9/11
- Social News 13/9
- WHAT'S ON SEPTEMBER 15-30 (DAILY UPDATE)
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 16/10
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 20-31 (daily updated)
- WHAT'S ON JULY 15-30 (DAILY UPDATE)
- Condoms more numerous than bikes: UNAIDS VN
- Nimble fingers do a village proud
- Nipping inequality in the bud
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR JULY 1-10 (daily updated)
- Art & Entertainment Highlights for November 21
- Social News 17/10
Young royals carry out first joint engagement without their parents - details have 509 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at July 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.