A NEW “amber plus” list has resulted in further travel restrictions for Brits going on holiday this summer.
The government announced that all Brits who have had both jabs can skip the 10-day quarantine if returning from an amber list destination.
However, a new ” amber watchlist ” is excluding countries even if they are amber, meaning fully-vaxxed Brits still have to self-isolate.
Here is everything you need to know about the list, and whether holiday hotspot Greece will be added.
What are the amber plus travel rules?
Brits who have had two doses of the vaccine, with the second one at least 14 days prior to travelling, can skip the 10-day quarantine if returning from amber countries.
However, countries on the amber plus list are not included in this.
This means even fully vaccinated Brits must still quarantine for 10 days at home when returning from the countries on the list.
They must also have a pre-arrival Covid test and a filled in Passenger Locator Form, as well as two tests on day two and day eight pre-booked.
Will Greece be added to the amber plus list?
It is feared that Greece could be added to the amber plus list as the country is seeing soaring cases.
Greece is reporting a spike in cases with highs of 2,800 daily rates this month, which has led to new curfews and bans on music at restaurants and bars in Mykonos.
It also has a higher rate of the Beta variant than France, which was added to the amber plus list.
This could see Greece move to the list if government officials fear the variant could threaten the UK vaccine rollout due to their resistance against it.
The government confirmed that the countries wouldn’t be added any time soon .
However, Greece could be added to the list from August 4, the date of the next travel review.
What countries are on the amber plus list?
The only country currently on the amber plus list is France.
It was announced last week that the country would not be included in the new amber list exemption.
Ministers said they were forced to act quickly late on Friday after concern over the spread of the Beta coronavirus variant in France.
Most read in News Travel
- Vegas lists Mike Pettine as odds on favorite to be fired at season’s end
- NBA releases list of early-entry candidates
- Greece name provisional 29-player World Cup squad
- Former Greece captain and Euro 2004 winner Zagorakis enters politics
- UND releases list of nearly 1,200 potential new nicknames
- World Cup Qualifying Draw List
- Fantasy Fox: Fourth of July listing of fantasy’s top 125 playmakers
- Bring on the good news: Rays get win, plus Drew Smyly’s planned Friday return
- ASU places 3 on annual award watch lists
- Fantasy Fox: Early listing of top 30 second basemen in 2015
- Wednesday’s Stars-Sharks game on FOX Sports Southwest Plus
- 73 Coyotes games to be televised on FOX Sports Arizona and FOX Sports Arizona Plus
- IHSAA Volleyball Championships to be televised live on FOX Sports Indiana Plus
- FOX Sports North PLUS Channel Information
- Friday’s Stars-Rangers game on FOX Sports Southwest Plus
- Tuesday’s Stars vs. Blues game on FOX Sports Southwest Plus
- Cards-Marlins game Friday to air on FOX Sports Midwest Plus
- Tuesday’s Stars vs. Capitals game on FOX Sports Southwest Plus
- Saturday’s Stars vs. Lightning game on FOX Sports Southwest Plus
- D-backs vs. Dodgers, 6 p.m., FOX Sports Arizona Plus
Will Greece go onto the amber plus list? have 637 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.