LONGTIME PBS children’s program Arthur has been airing on televisions in the US for more than 20 years.
The beloved cartoon featuring a cast of animals is officially coming to an end .
Why is Arthur ending?
The news of the iconic show’s ending emerged during an episode of the Finding DW podcast with Jason Szwimer.
Kathy Waugh, who originally developed the show from the children’s books by Marc Brown, was a guest in late July 2021.
"Arthur is no longer in production. We had our wrap party two years ago," Waugh told Szwimer.
"I think [PBS] made a mistake, and I think Arthur should come back and I'm know I'm not alone in thinking they made a mistake. I don't know if it was a ratings issue or if it felt like it needed to be retired.
“To me, it felt evergreen, like it was never going to end but it did end, we finished the last episode, season 25 two years ago."
The series will end on PBS with its final season premiering in winter 2022.
Carol Greenwald, an executive producer on the show, also spoke on the show’s ending and plans for Arthur in the future.
"Producer GBH and PBS KIDS are continuing to work together on additional Arthur content, sharing the lessons of Arthur and his friends in new ways."
When did Arthur premiere?
Arthur premiered in October 1996 and was based off the Arthur Adventure book series.
The show follows an aardvark named Arthur has he goes through life and learns lessons with family and friends in the fictional Elwood City.
Most read in Entertainment
Running for more than 240 episodes, the show has won four Daytime Emmys for Outstanding Children's Animated Program, along with a Peabody Award, and more.
In 2019, the children’s show turned heads with an episode featuring the same-sex marriage of two characters including teacher Mr. Ratburn.
More recently, Arthur is remembered by a new generation through popular memes including one of Arthur’s fist meant for frustrating situations.
- Coutinho, Arthur want Neymar back at Barcelona
- Gold Cup title dreams end for US against Mexico
- Arthur's Pakistan reign comes to an end
- Mahmood: Arthur would be a great choice for England job
- US Open 2019: Nadal cruises past Chung to end comfortable week
- Coco Gauff’s U.S. Open run ended by Naomi Osaka
- US Open 2019: Ruthless Osaka ends Gauff's Flushing Meadows run
- Osaka ends Gauff's U.S. Open run
- Backstage Brit bidding to end Konta's quest for US Open glory
- Johanna Konta’s US Open dream ended by Elina Svitolina
- Dimitrov ends Federer's US Open dream
- Dave? What are you doing, Dave? The legacy of Arthur C. Clarke
- Life after Arthur Andersen
- Washington Post, which hides behind First Amendment to publish FAKE NEWS, now calls for end of free speech for conservatives
- Steal Arthur Chu's Winning Jeopardy Secrets
- Energy Star rating for servers may be ready by year-end, EPA says
- George Mueller, NASA Engineer Who Managed 1969 Moon Landing, Dies At 97
- Liver Drug Could Treat Parkinson's Disease
- Publisher Mary Liebert Of Transgender Health Thanks Caitlyn Jenner
- How NBA players have historically fared with Achilles injuries
Why is Arthur ending? have 609 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.