GMB: Katy Rickitt gets interrupted by alarm during report
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Ben Shephard has said he is going to “miss” Good Morning Britain presenter Katy Rickitt. The wife of actor Adam Rickitt last night announced she was leaving GMB.
Really excited for you and ITV Calendar – we'll miss you!
The small screen favourite has been a regular on the programme since 2016.
However, she is now joining ITV News Calendar as one of their main hosts.
Her final appearance on GMB will be next week.
Since her news, Katy has been inundated with replies from colleagues wishing her well.
Ben Shephard has bid farewell to one of his GMB colleagues (Image: ITV/PA)
Katy Rickitt is swapping GMB for ITV’s Calendar (Image: TWITTER)
Ben, 46, was one of the first to react on the micro-blogging site in view of his 776,000 followers.
He branded her statement “wonderful news” after she spoke out about her move to her own 18,000 fans.
Katy initially posted: “Excited to share that from week after next I'm heading to @itvcalendar to be their main presenter for six months!”
The star continued: “It's an absolute honour and privilege to be entrusted to relay the hard work of an incredible team on a show I grew up with.
Ben Shephard wished Katy Rickitt well on Twitter (Image: TWITTER)
Ben Shephard returned to GMB after knee surgery on Monday (Image: PA)
Ben Shephard has been a regular face on morning TV for many years (Image: EXPRESS)
“Final @GMB week of 2021 next week!”
Ben swiftly told her: “Wonderful news @KatyRickittITV really excited for you and @itvcalendar we'll miss you!”
She replied: “I'll miss you too Ben thanks for all your support it means the world xx.”
Lorraine Kelly was also quick to bid her farewell, before Katy showed her gratitude to the ITV stalwart.
DON’T MISS… Ulrika Jonsson branded ‘haggard’ by Katie Price after surgery comments [INSIGHT] 'Going to be poorly for a while’ Shirley Ballas in health update [LATEST] Michael Ball hits out at mention of 20-year age gap with partner Cathy [INTERVIEW]
The 61-year-old tweeted: “Congrats @KatyRickittITV – you will be brilliant xxx.”
“Thanks so much mrs and thanks for all your help and support,” Katy told her. “Hope you're really well and love to those beautiful doggies!! X.”
The micro-blogging site was overwhelmed with sweet posts for the broadcaster’s career change.
ITV weather presenter Sophia Bird stated: “Many congratulations!”
ITV Central producer Nimesh Joshi told her: “Congrats @KatyRickittITV and @itvcalendar – a fab appointment!”
Presenter Steve Clamp went on: “We were very excitedly talking about this in the Central newsroom a few days ago. Enjoy! Xx.”
ITV Calendar star Michael Billington added: “Welcome aboard Mrs! x.”
As well as GMB, Katy has worked on the ITV Lunchtime News, Daybreak and GMTV.
- Sheridan Smith, 38, 'confirms pregnancy by announcing I've got a baby on board during cruise ship performance'
- The People and Things We'll Actually Miss From 2017
- Barneys Bidding Starts, and It’s a Bet on the Future of Shopping
- Boris and Cummings in cunning new age bid to defeat Corbyn as election war lines drawn
- Battlestar Galactica - Someone to Watch Over Me - "Play it Again, Starbuck"
- Inside story of how the death of 'best mate' Danny Frawley sent fallen celebrity football agent Ricky Nixon's life spiralling into despair - ending in him being rushed to hospital
- The Best 10 TV Shows of All Time - Number 1 - M A S H
- Timeline of Jalen Ramsey's tumultuous tenure with Jaguars
- Tips on Buying a House at Auction
- College Football - 9 AP Top 25 Teams Lose, 6 to Unranked Teams, USC, Georgia & Florida All Lose
- A New Olympic - We Hope
- How Can Duncan Bannatyne Spend So Much Time on TV and Still Grow a Multi-Million Pound Business?
- BBC 100 Women 2019: Who is on the list this year?
- Book Review For "Wicked As Sin"
'We’ll miss you' Ben Shephard bids farewell to co-star as she announces final week on GMB have 789 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.