Dina Asher-Smith is one of Team GB's big hopes of a gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics.
That is despite the form book showing she is not the fastest woman over 100m or 200m this year.
"We’ve seen before that she can perform on the day and that’s one of her greatest talents," says Anna Kessel, The Telegraph Women's Sports Editor.
As she explains in the video above, Asher-Smith is "able to deal with pressure in a way that others can’t – she enjoys that spotlight".
Watch our profile for more about Asher-Smith's personality, equally at home on her local track in Bromley as she is on the catwalk in front of Naomi Campbell, and how she used her Telegraph column to challenge assumptions about racism.
Asher-Smith is competing in the 100m and 200m at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics as well as the 4x100m relay.
- Sportswriting’s Velvet Revolutionary, Claire Smith
- Andy Murray: The fighting heart of the British
- Why I'll Happily Watch the Royal Wedding
- The Root's London 2012 Black-Olympian Watch
- Black Olympians to Watch in London 2012
- Transgender identities: a conversation between two philosophers – Sophie-Grace Chappell & Holly Lawford-Smith
- Clues to Smith's 'Detective Agency'
- The Female CEO ca. 2002
- Female Tennis Player Makes History, Has To Answer Sexist Question
- Does anyone have the right to ‘speak on the behalf of’? – Holly Lawford-Smith
- 7 Must-Watch Black Web Series
- Feminize Your Canon: Eliot Bliss
- We are literally trying to stop time.
- Top 10 Movies that Inspire an Aspiring Entrepreneur
- Nelly’s Rape Accuser Decries Media Spotlight
- Ashley Walters Learns You Cannot Be a Role Model in a Jail Cell
- Why Your Team Sucks 2018: Chicago Bears
- News diary 8-14 October: Royal wedding for Princess Eugenie and Joe Biden to deliver talk at Chatham House
- What If Mass Killers Were Muslim or of Color?
- For Journalists of Color, Covering Racists Can Take Its Toll
Watch | Dina Asher-Smith: How she became the greatest British female sprinter have 316 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.