TWO people have been killed and two more injured after a horror crash during police a chase.
The VW Golf driver failed to stop when asked to by police and sped off before crashing with a Honda just half an hour later in Newcastle.
Northumbria Police said they were alerted to the suspected stolen Volkswagen Golf on Sunday morning.
After the crash the two men inside the car were pronounced dead at the scene.
A third man inside the Volkswagen was taken to hospital with serious injuries, along with a woman inside the Honda.
The incident has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) for an investigation to be carried out.
The road was closed shortly after the crash, with the force saying it would likely remain shut for a number of hours.
The police force said in a statement: “Two people have sadly died following a serious road traffic collision in Newcastle.
“At about 8.30am today, officers were alerted to a Volkswagen Golf that was suspected to have been stolen.
Most read in UK News
“The vehicle failed to stop when instructed by police and made off. A short time later, at about 9am, the Golf was in collision with a Honda on Barrack Road in Newcastle.
“Emergency services attended and two male occupants of the Golf were confirmed deceased at the scene.
“Their next of kin have been notified and are being offered support by specially trained officers.”
- Thousand Oaks Car Accidents Linked to Dangerous Crosswalks and Intersections
- Fresno Car Accidents Blamed on Dangerous DUIs
- Midnight horror as stolen 4WD flees police and crashes into oncoming vehicle killing two people and seriously injuring two others
- Hero police officers who arrested accused Christchurch gunman and ended ruthless massacre that left 51 dead are given bravery awards
- Deer-Vehicle Collisions - Top Seven Ways to Avoid Hitting a Deer
- How Not to Rob a Bank - Bungled Bank Robberies
- Find a Lost Dog With These 18 Tips
- Gun Control in the USA
- Prevent Road Rage and Air Rage
- Avoiding Aggressive Dogs
- Movie Review - Eagle Eye Needs a Vision Check
Two dead and two injured after ‘stolen VW Golf crashes into another car during police chase’ in Newcastle have 428 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.