Meghan Markle hasn’t talked to her father for some time, but that may change if Thomas Markle gets his way.
The Duchess of Sussex’s estranged father told Fox News that he wants to be a part of his grandchildren’s lives and will take his daughter to court over the matter. He claimed, “I will be petitioning the California courts for the rights to see my grandchildren in the very near future.”
He also expressed concern for grandson Archie Harrison and granddaughter Lilibet “Lili” Diana , telling the conservative news organization that he believes Meghan and husband Prince Harry have shown “bad behavior” in their dealings with the royal family.
“Archie and Lili are small children. They’re not politics. They’re not pawns. They’re not part of the game,” he continued. “And they’re also royal and entitled to the same rights as any other royal.”
Meghan previously told Oprah Winfrey that while she cares for her father, she can’t understand why he’s worked with the same tabloids that she mistrusts.
“I mean, I look at Archie, I think about this child and I go, ‘I genuinely can’t imagine doing anything to intentionally cause pain to my child,'” she explained. “I can’t imagine it. So, it’s hard for me to reconcile that.”
Meghan acknowledged the tenacity of the tabloid media, while also accepting that her father had the chance to turn down staged photo opps and interviews, just as her mother Doria Ragland has. She stated, “Everyone has accountability. Look, they’ve hunted my mom down and you’ve never heard her say a word. She’s remained in silent dignity for four years watching me go through this.”
The Duchess went on to note that she hasn’t seen estranged sister Samantha Markle , who wrote a “tell-all” book about her sibling, in at least 10 years. She remarked, “I think it would be very hard to tell all when you don’t know me.”
The royal’s fraught relationship with her family is part of the reason why she was excited to welcome Lili this spring . “I grew up as an only child, which everyone who grew up around me knows,” she reflected. “And I wished I’d had siblings. I would have loved to have siblings. That’s why I’m so excited to be pregnant so that Archie has someone.”
Indeed, Lili has been a welcome addition to Harry and Meghan’s family. When the prince returned to England for the late Princess Diana ‘s 60th birthday, he told fans, “We’ve been lucky so far… She’s very chilled and seems happy to just sit there while Archie is running around like crazy.”
Meghan and Harry’s rep declined to comment on Thomas’ remarks when contacted by E! News.
- Ex-Desert Island Discs host Kirsty Young becomes a director of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Sussex Royal charity foundation
- Take the mental health test promoted by Princes Harry, William, Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton that tells you if you need to seek help from your GP
- Prince Harry stunned Peter Crouch with shock comment about Abbey Clancy
- Harry and Meghan share Instagram quote about ‘compassion’
- Sir Elton John is supporting Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's attack on the British press and advised the couple to 'follow their hearts', royal expert claims
- Where did it all go so wrong for Meghan Markle?
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Prince Charles's friend says Meghan Markle's wedding dress 'was made of concrete', describes her father as a 'huge lump' and says the royals don't know how to deal with her 'frightfully common' family
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to sue over 'leaked' letter
- EXCLUSIVE: It's YOUR turn to make amends, Meghan! Samantha Markle begs her sister to let their estranged father be in the new royal baby's life and use the birth to end family rift
- Prince Harry cradles baby Archie as Meghan Markle gently kisses their son's head in intimate moment caught on camera in new trailer for ITV documentary
- Meghan Markle wears new £380 bag and her £430 engagement dress with Harry tonight
- EXCLUSIVE: Archie by the numbers! Celebrity numerologist reveals Harry and Meghan's son will be a heart breaker, will be tight with dad but tangle with mom and when paired up with cousin George - the two will be double trouble
- EXCLUSIVE: The Lord of the Ring! Meghan Markle’s half-brother Thomas Markle Jr. says he'll earn his living as a celebrity boxer after his weekend victory (by default!) in Atlantic City - and plans to fight baseball legend Jose Canseco
- Meghan and Harry 'massive targets' in South Africa
- Meghan Markle’s father speaks out about ‘hurtful’ letter
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry appoint former BBC host to crucial position on royal team
- Meghan Markle could face dad Thomas for first time in five years
- Meghan Markle and Harry wear matching bracelets on Tour
- Battle royal: Why Meghan and Harry are fighting back
- Terminally ill royal fan, 10, is set to meet Prince Harry and Meghan Markle - after cheeky Prince William asked the youngster to tell his brother he 'met him first and likes him best'
Thomas Markle Claims He Plans to Petition Court to See Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Children - E! Online have 1008 words, post on www.eonline.com at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.