Emily Maitlis questions size of Australia trade deal on Newsnight
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
BBC presenter Emily Maitlis , 50, has taken to Twitter to pen an emotional farewell to a colleague of nearly 15 years, branding the move a “huge loss”. The host’s goodbye to BBC News podcasts editor Dino Sofos comes just days after she spoke out about Newsnight colleague Adam Cumiskey, who announced that he was departing the organisation after almost two decades.
A huge, huge loss
In view of her 430,500 followers, the star thanked her ex-colleague for everything he taught her while singing his praises.
She wrote: “This is such a huge loss.
“I cannot thank Dino enough for everything he's taught me this past year.
“Such extraordinary talent and the greatest fun. A huge huge loss,” Emily ended the post.
Emily Maitlis issued an emotional goodbye over Twitter to one of her colleagues (Image: BBC)
BBC host Emily Maitlis said goodbye to Dino Sofos after nearly 15 years of working together (Image: TWITTER)
She was responding to Dino’s announcement that he was leaving the broadcaster.
He had penned: “After fourteen years, I’ve decided to leave the BBC.
“It feels like the right time for a new challenge.”
The creator of podcast Brexitcast went on to thank a colleague for giving him the opportunity to join the organisation as a reporter in 2007 after work experience.
Emily Maitlis also said goodbye to Newsnight colleague Andrew Cumiskey (Image: GETTY)
Emily Maitlis first joined Newsnight as a relief presenter in 2006 (Image: BBC)
BBC on-screen salaries 2020-2021 (Image: EXPRESS.CO.UK)
“It was a dream come true. First week at work photo…” he added, alongside a throwback snap.
Emily was not the only one to bid farewell to him as the BBC’s political correspondent Laura Kuenssberg also issued a goodbye.
“Will be commiserating on tonight’s #newscast and celebrating whatever’s next for our talented pal.
“Gutted for us, excited for @dinosofos… more later on,” she penned.
Kirsty Gallacher announces she's taking ‘bit of a break’ from GB News [INSIGHT] Carol Vorderman causes a stir as she flaunts curves in tight swimsuit [ANALYSIS] Katya Jones addresses health issue as she travels in heatwave [INSTAGRAM]
Emily’s farewell to Dino comes days after she bid goodbye to one of her Newsnight colleagues.
Adam announced he was leaving the BBC after 19 years.
He was a producer on BBC Newsnight, as well as working for BBC Radio 5Live and Radio 4 during his time at the Beeb.
Adam announced his news in a series of tweets thanking his colleagues.
Reacting to the producer's statement, Emily penned: "We will miss this guy deeply.
"Not just for his ability to recite the entire oeuvres of Steve Coogan.
"Nor for his enthusiasm about feature length films on fishing from the 1970s.
"But just for the sheer joy of walking into the office and knowing the day will be fun. @cumiskeytime."(sic)
- Emily Maitlis offered new BBC contract amid row over pay and sexism
- BBC News slashes 450 jobs with one in seven going across Radio 5 Live and Newsnight in £80million savings push as boss apologises to Victoria Derbyshire for finding out in the press
- Revealed: how hundreds of BBC employees earn 1% of Chris Evans’s wages
- John Humphrys attacks BBC for prioritising equal pay
- Brexit: Tears and relief as the UK's MEPs bid farewell
- Brexit Day: Britain bids farewell to the European Union after nearly 50 years
- Lucy Fallon reveals bid to join Strictly Come Dancing after leaving Coronation Street
- A sad farewell after 47 years of EU membership
- Manager at firm that made the Grenfell cladding warned colleagues it was 'dangerous' and 'should have been discontinued a decade ago' six years before tragedy killed 72, inquiry hears
- Lawyer for Jeffrey Epstein's victims suggests UK might send Prince Andrew over for 'sex slave' quiz if US extradites fugitive driver Anne Sacoolas after Harry Dunn death
- Prince Andrew Talks Friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, Denies Having Sex with Underage Teen
- 'Sex slave' Virginia Roberts' lawyers say Prince Andrew's failure to cooperate with Epstein paedophile probe 'raises MORE questions' - after New York Federal Attorney publicly shamed him for giving 'ZERO' help despite publicly pledging he would
- Moment ITV newsreader Mary Nightingale is close to tears as she announces that her 'good friend and mentor' Alastair Stewart will step down over claim he called a black man an 'angry ape' on Twitter
- Corbyn allies ‘line up top jobs before new Labour leader is elected’
- We're leaving EU tomorrow! Remainer DOMINIC SANDBROOK looks back at how the 1973 dream soured... and argues that history WILL reward us for Brexit
- Brexit: UK begins new chapter outside European Union
- Grangemouth plant saved; UK economic growth at three-year high – as it happened
- Oti Mabuse says she’s considered a reduction on her boobs but turned her back on surgery in fear of the pain
- Brexit day: UK leaves the European Union — live updates
- Brexit: The UK's last day in the European Union — as it happened
'This is a huge loss' Newsnight's Emily Maitlis bids emotional farewell to BBC colleague have 968 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.