SUSANNA Reid took a cheeky swipe at Piers Morgan as he became embroiled in a furious Twitter row after he revealed his Covid battle.
Piers , 56, has been on a social media rampage in recent days – even locking horns with Gary Lineker and Gary Logan after claiming that “nobody cares” about this year’s Olympics, and it should have been cancelled.
It comes after he revealed that he’d battled coronavirus after contracting the life-threatening virus at the Euro 2020 final – despite being double-jabbed.
He opened up about his health battle at the weekend, where he admitted Covid left him wiped out in bed for a week.
And yesterday, Piers shared his new column, writing: “If we want to win the war on Covid, we must go to war with ant-vaxxer lunatics.”
One follower replied: “Your Not A Scientist… Your Not A Politician… What gives you the right to tell people what they should be doing?”
Something tells me you're definitely recovered…”
Piers retweeted the message and added: “My ability to know it’s ‘you’re’.”
Piers giggled in response: “The steroids have kicked in..”
Piers also revealed that former footballer Jamie Redknapp caught Covid after attending the final at Wembley.
Officials assured fans attending the final that only fully-vaccinated spectators, or those with negative tests, would be allowed into the stadium.
I hope we stay friends because Susanna’s a decent person and we’ve been through a lot together.”
And Piers told how some ticketless yobs even used his celebrity status to sneak into the stadium without tickets by pretending to be his security guard to harassed stewards.
He attended the match with his three sons, and oldest Spencer previously revealed they’d reunited with Susanna in the stands at the semi-final.
The pair haven’t been publicly seen together since the 56-year-old star sensationally quit the ITV breakfast show in March after storming off set.
Most read in News TV
Piers and Susanna presented GMB together for five years, and he previously revealed she was “angry” at him for quitting – so punished him with a “frosty” farewell on the show.
However, they have since rekindled their friendship, with Piers saying in March: “I hope we stay friends because Susanna’s a decent person and we’ve been through a lot together.”
He also revealed that Susanna had phoned him to “clear the air”, and apologised for how tone on the programme.
She then promised they would go for a celebratory lunch where she would break her two-year alcohol abstinence.
- Forgrave: Hoyas determined to battle unfamiliar adversity
- Midwest Regional breakdown: Billikens may have gotten themselves into a battle of basketball giants
- NHL takeaways: Goalies take back spotlight with 3 shutouts
- Diego Sanchez disputes health concerns: “I’m not taking a lot of damage”
- Juventus target United’s Vidic?
- Players to keep an eye on in this week’s NBA Draft
- There’s way more to Dayton basketball than you think
- 15 greatest first-half starts over the past 40 MLB seasons
- Arians warrants coach-of-year consideration
- Chelsea forward Schurrle wanted by Liverpool, Tottenham
- Keep up with the latest NFL free-agent news, reports & rumors
- After botching the punt, ex-Giant Matt Dodge getting a kick out of life
- Manchester United set sights on defenders from La Liga giants
- Garafolo: Will Sherman dare trash-talk Manning before Super Bowl?
- Buy a ticket? Psh! NFL teams selling memberships
- Media Day wrap: Seahawks’ Schofield not a Cardinals fan
- Rosi Sexton’s gender beatdown
- Fay Vincent Gets The Last Word
- European giants line up move for Manchester City striker Jovetic
- Final preseason games, few starters to see action
Susanna Reid takes swipe at Piers Morgan after he revealed Covid battle as he becomes embroiled in furious Twitter row have 721 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.