Ruby Rose has revealed she had to be hospitalised after she suffered some complications following an operation, but was initially turned away due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Getting tearful, the Orange Is The New Black star explained it took her hours to get seen in the emergency room.
'The surgery went well but then yesterday I had a few complications and I had to go to the emergency room, I had to go to hospital,' she said on her Instagram stories.
'By the time I thought, "Okay, I absolutely have to go to the hospital now," we called an ambulance and it took hours to find a hospital that would be able take me, or anyone,' she tearfully added.
'They'd been rejecting people all night and my case was quite serious so we stuck it out for a little bit longer and we were lucky enough to get accepted by a hospital after a bit of a stand-off.'
The 35-year-old went on: 'Everyone was amazing, all the front-liners were amazing. Please keep yourself safe, try to keep everyone else safe, get vaccinated if you can. Please.
'It doesn't need to be this hard for everyone and I just can't imagine all the other people that are having way more serious situations happening right now.'
She later revealed that undergoing a back operation and the Covid-19 pandemic tied into her decision to leave the show.
''Being the lead of a superhero show is tough,' Ruby began. 'Being the lead in anything is tough.
'But I think, in that particular instance, it was a lot more difficult because I was still recovering from my surgery.'
Ruby continued to Entertainment Weekly : 'I had my surgery and then 10 days later I went to work, which maybe wasn't the best idea. Most people take about a month or three off before they return to work.'
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- 67th National Film Awards Postponed Indefinitely Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Donald Trump’s decision to halt WHO funding amid Covid-19 pandemic criticized by world leaders
- Popstar Beyonce Knowles Pledges $6 Million To Fund Mental Health Support Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- US Places Some Missile Defenсe Crews in Full Isolation Amid COVID-19 Pandemic - NORAD
- Indigenous communities urge NSW Government to protect them from visitors amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Analysts See Record Rise in Americans' Deposits due to Panic Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Asia-Pacific countries on high alert amid COVID-19 pandemic as Singapore reports highest daily jump of new cases
- Iranian volunteers turn theater hall into factory to produce face masks amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus: Bushfire victims fear they’ve been forgotten amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Amid COVID-19 pandemic, the English Premier League is turning to FIFA 20
- Boeing set to cut Dreamliner output by half, jobs on plunging demand amid Covid-19 pandemic: Report
- Lockdown fashion show: Phoebe Burgess continues to flaunt her expensive designer wardrobe in images taken from her parents' country estate amid COVID-19 pandemic
- US Soldiers in South Korea Punished for Sneaking Bar Visits Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- India rejects Pakistan PM's allegations of discrimination against Muslims amid COVID-19 pandemic
- US-Russian space crew lands in Kazakhstan amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Neighbours to resume filming amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Australia Faces Greatest Output Decrease Since 1930s Amid COVID-19 Pandemic - Central Bank
- 'Happy place, I can’t wait to get back': Larsa Pippen poses in a very sexy bikini on the beach in dreamy throwback amid COVID:19 pandemic
- ‘Thank People Who Make Difference in Lives’: Suresh Raina Expresses Gratitude Towards Healthcare Workers Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Anne Douglas celebrates her 101st birthday with a car parade amid the COVID-19 pandemic... over two months after her husband Kirk Douglas passes away
Ruby Rose hospitalised with surgery complications after being turned away amid Covid-19 pandemic have 715 words, post on metro.co.uk at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.