Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ali Carter and Barry Hawkins were among the big names to come through Stage One of Championship League Snooker in the first week of this season's competition.
The tournament is the first of the season, with players returning to action in a low-key affair, playing in groups of four over a best-of-four format, behind closed doors in Leicester.
There are 32 groups in total over the first stage and the first 12 have been played this week.
O'Sullivan came through his group pretty comfortably, beating Ian Burns and Saqib Nasir before drawing with Mark Joyce in his last match.
Carter also picked up two wins and a draw, seeing off Michael Georgiou and Sydney Wilson before a draw with Dominic Dale.
It was the same for Hawkins as well, beating Kuldesh Jodal and Zak Surety before a final draw with Ben Woollaston.
The only two players to win all three of their matches were Ricky Walden and Alexander Ursenbacher who started their campaigns in perfect fashion, with Walden knocking in two centuries along the way.
This week's Championship League action saw the start of 12-time women's world champion Reanne Evans' two-year tour card and, despite some encouraging results, it ended in disappointment.
Evans picked up draws against Simon Lichtenberg and Tom Ford but a loss to Simon Blackwell in her final match saw her finish bottom of Group 3, which Ford won with just one win and two draws.
Also coming through in the opening week of the competition were Stuart Carrington, Fergal O'Brien, Peter Lines, amateur star Bai Langning, Mark Davis and Chang Bingyu.
There are five days of action next week, running from Monday to Friday with the likes of John Higgins, Kyren Wilson, Stuart Bingham and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh all playing.
The Championship League is once again a ranking tournament this time round, with winners of their Stage One groups pocketing £3,000 and the eventual winner racking up a tasty £33,000.
O'Sullivan fans will look out for his return in Group H of Stage Two from 9-12 August, but the Rocket will not be competing at the British Open next month.
World Snooker Tour announced O'Sullivan would be involved in Leicester, but he has since withdrawn, to be replaced by James Cahill.
For more stories like this, check our sport page
- Daily recap of Tigers' minor leagues: Toledo's Ronny Rodriguez hits for cycle; Tigers call him up Wednesday, May 30 Triple-A Toledo
- The Best Dribbler In The World Is Back In The Premier League
- Daily recap of Tigers' minor leagues (Updated: June 11) Monday, June 11 Triple-A Toledo
- Daily recap of Tigers' minor leagues (Updated: June 10) Sunday, June 10 Triple-A Toledo
- Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich: Champions League final – live!
- A Week Chasing The Monte
- Daily recap of Tigers' minor leagues (Updated: May 26) Friday, May 25 Triple-A Toledo
- Arsenal's Henrikh Mkhitaryan Will Not Play In Europa League Final Because UEFA Can't Guarantee His Safety
- Summer transfer window: club-by-club guide for the Premier League
- Daily recap of Tigers' minor leagues (Updated: May 29) Tuesday, May 29 Triple-A Toledo
- Daily recap of Tigers' minor leagues (Updated: May 31) Thursday, May 31 Triple-A Toledo
- Daily recap of Tigers' minor leagues (Updated: June 7) Thursday, June 7 Triple-A Toledo
- Tigers minor-league report: Catchers go cold at plate
- Steven Gerrard’s 11 big moments, as told by those involved
- Entertainment calendar: Top events this week in town
- Rochester Hills Little League team dominates en route to Cooperstown championship
- Britten Returning To Weekly Action At Albany-Saratoga
- Two Saiyans Descend on Hearthstone's Fall Championship
- Top Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups For NFL Week 7
- Black Boys Go Ivy League: Haters Emerge
Ronnie O’Sullivan and 11 others emerge from Championship League Snooker Stage One, Week One have 639 words, post on metro.co.uk at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.