There is still a lot flying around about Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers . After reports of him possibly thinking about an opt out to save money and not play this year, it was reported Rodgers will not take that option.
Now, sights are on July 27, which ESPN NFL insider Jeremy Fowler said is the next artificial deadline for any sort of trade . That is the start of training camp for the Packers but if there is a trade partner out there, Fowler reported the Denver Broncos are still monitoring the situation.
He explained on Saturday morning's SportsCenter.
"I'm told from the Broncos perspective that yes, they are monitoring Rodgers and whatever situation might be out there with quarterbacks, but they like their current set up," Fowler said Saturday morning on SportsCenter. "They like Drew Lock and believe he's a different guy this year with his work ethic. And they like Teddy Bridgewater . They believe he can win games too. They'll look into Rodgers if he's available, he's not, so they're certainly not going to overreact right now."
That is the furthest anything has gone with the Broncos and Rodgers. It would take some sort of monumental deal to pry Rodgers away from Green Bay, but as usual, the Packers are not keen on moving the future Hall of Fame signal-caller
If the Packers decide to deal Rodgers or the multi-time MVP sits out, Green Bay will have to turn to their second-year quarterback Jordan Love , who they traded up to select in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft. Rodgers went on to win MVP honors as Love watched from the sideline, trying to soak up what he could from one of the league’s best players.
Love did not play in any games during the 2020 season as a rookie.
"I've just been living my life, man," Love said last month . "Just trying to do what I can to get better in this offseason. Obviously, not knowing what's going to happen next, my main thing has been controlling what I can control. Do my best to get better every day so that I'm ready, whatever the circumstance may be come the season. Just do my best to be ready for myself, for the team, and for everybody here."
Rodgers is coming off an MVP season and leading the Packers to their second straight NFC Championship. However, over the last two years the Packers fell to the San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, falling short of making a Super Bowl for the first time since 2010.
Rodgers finished the 2020 season with 4,299 yards, 48 touchdowns (career high), five interceptions and a 70.7% completion percentage (career high).
The Green Bay Packers are scheduled to open their regular season against the New Orleans Saints on the road on Sunday, September 12th at 4:25 p.m. ET.
- Colin Kaepernick workout: More than 24 teams set to scout QB on Saturday, per report
- Yellow flags, red flags, black eyes for NFL’s 100th season
- Adrian Peterson, Jordy Nelson cut, Brees stays with Saints
- Texans @ Ravens: Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson face-off in 'duel-threat' rivalry clash
- Texans @ Ravens: Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson face-off in 'dual-threat' rivalry clash
- NFL Week 11 QB Power Rankings: Is Jimmy Garoppolo a liability for a 49ers team that is Super Bowl caliber?
- Chargers without 2 starting offensive tackles vs. Raiders
- NFL: Chiefs edge Ravens; Packers, Pats, Cowboys, Bills, 49ers also 3-0
- NFL MVP Race, Week 11: Lamar Jackson unable to dent Russell Wilson's lead, Patrick Mahomes makes his return
- NFL anthem protests tracker: Beast Mode calls out Donald Trump, boos greet players
- 2019 NFL MVP Race: Lamar Jackson unable to dent Russell Wilson's lead, Patrick Mahomes makes his return
- In praise of lousy announcers
- You Are A Moron For Going To Every Super Bowl
- Race for No. 1 pick in 2020 NFL Draft: Joe Burrow to the Bengals becomes the trendy pick
- With his anthem protests, Colin Kaepernick finds meaning in the meaningless
- Colin Kaepernick: Teams That Will Attend QB's Workout
- NFL Week 11 odds, picks: Nick Foles beats Colts in Indy, Raiders blow out Bengals
- The tale of the invalid invalid invalid invalid fair-catch signal signal
- Colin Kaepernick workout: Here's everything you need to know about Saturday's private event
- Colin Kaepernick workout: Everything you need to know about Saturday's private event, all teams in attendance
Report: Denver Broncos still 'monitoring' Aaron Rodgers situation have 754 words, post on 247sports.com at July 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.