R Kelly is facing additional accusations in his sex trafficking case, including one that he had sexual contact with an underage boy that he met in a McDonald’s.
In a court filing on Friday, federal prosecutors in the US revealed the latest raft of allegations (but not charges) against the rapper in his ongoing case.
Kelly is charged with running what prosecutors have said is a criminal enterprise of bodyguards, managers and others who allegedly helped him find women and girls to take part in sex and pornography, while the singer exercised control over them.
The formal charges involve six different women and girls, who, for legal reasons, cannot be named.
Prosecutors now want a jury, which will be selected on 9 August in New York, to hear from more than a dozen other people whom the government says were sexually or physically abused, threatened or mistreated by Kelly.
R Kelly denies all allegations made against him.
More on Chicago
- Kanye West brings estranged wife Kim Kardashian on stage in wedding dress at latest Donda event
- Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson and wife admitted to hospital with COVID-19
- The killing of Adam Toledo: Human error or genuine fear?
- Two passengers sue United Airlines after Boeing 777 engine catches fire in mid-air
- FedEx shooting: Gun violence is a ‘national embarrassment’ that need to stop, Joe Biden warns
- Adam Toledo: Bodycam footage of 13-year-old boy being shot dead by Chicago police released
Among the new claims, Kelly allegedly met a 17-year-old boy in a McDonald’s restaurant in December 2006 before inviting him to his studio in Chicago.
The latest court filing alleges that Kelly propositioned and had sexual contact with the boy after asking him what he would do to make it in the industry, despite his age.
Prosecutors add that ahead of the singer’s 2008 child pornography trial, the same teenager told Kelly he had access to one of the jury members, with the R&B star asking the then-young man to vouch for him – but the filing does not reveal whether the youth did so.
Kelly was subsequently acquitted in that case.
The same teenager then introduced Kelly to another 16 or 17-year-old boy with whom the singer began a relationship several years later, the filing added.
Prosecutors also allege that he filmed the two teenagers in sexual encounters with other people, including some of the rapper’s girlfriends.
Lawyers believe that by writing up the accounts of the boys, it would show the charges “were not isolated events and were part of a larger pattern”.
- Former Royal Ballet star, 62, who performed with Freddie Mercury is facing prison for sexually abusing girl pupils from 'under 13 years old'
- NBC says it will release alleged sexual misconduct victims from NDA agreements upon request
- P2P faces new legal scrutiny from states
- Queen to face new 'annus horribilis' as Prince Harry and Meghan shun key mantra
- NBC releases former staffers from confidentiality agreements so they can speak freely about sexual harassment - as MSNBC host Rachel Maddow unloads on NBC execs at sister network in fiery broadcast
- Colorado Catholic Church sexual abuse investigation: Who are the 40 priests named in the report?
- Former anchors Megyn Kelly, Greta Van Susteren and Gretchen Carlson demand NBC parent company Comcast launch an independent probe of 'sexual misconduct and cover-ups' at the network
- Florida woman, 40, is arrested after 'giving birth to twins conceived by 17-year-old boy she was sexually assaulting for years'
- A Running List of Alleged Predators Facing Accusations and Consequences Post-Weinstein
- 'While he held my genitals in his hand, he held the power': Emotional Terry Crews describes 'sexual assault' at hands of Hollywood agent at Senate hearing
- Megyn Kelly 'is set to launch her own news production company to take on old nemesis Bill O'Reilly' as she is 'deemed too radioactive for a job at a big network' after NBC fallout
- Sexual abuse victim pursues Hillsong’s Brian Houston over crimes of his father
- ‘Bombshell’: Why Charlize Theron Was Terrified of Playing Megyn Kelly
- Former 'Apprentice' contestant shared allegations of Trump's sexual assault in 2011, court filing states
- Summer Zervos shared allegations of Trump's sexual assault with lawyers in 2011, court filing states
- Ex-US 'Apprentice' contestant shared allegations of Trump's sexual assault in 2011, court filing states
- Cuba Gooding Jr is indicted on new criminal charges involving a third woman to accuse the embattled actor of sexual misconduct
- Boy Scouts membership fees nearly double in wake of sex-abuse lawsuits
- Uber faces federal inquiry for reported gender discrimination
- Donald Trump was allegedly recorded having a threesome with a teenage girl and a porn star in a Mafia-run Times Square brothel in the 80s, book claims
R Kelly facing new allegation that he had sexual contact with under-age boy he met at McDonald's have 770 words, post on news.sky.com at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.