R Kelly is facing fresh allegations that he sexually abused a teenage boy after meeting him at a McDonald's.
The R&B singer is currently in jail awaiting trial to begin on August 18 regarding sex abuse and racketeering charges.
On Friday, US prosecutors filed new allegations in the ongoing case and want a jury, set to be selected on August 9 in New York, to hear from more than a dozen other people who claim to have been sexually or physically abused, threatened or mistreated by Kelly.
This includes the allegation that Kelly, full name Robert Kelly, had sexual contact with a 17-year-old boy after meeting him in a McDonald's in 2006 and inviting him to his Chicago studio.
The teen was reportedly an aspiring musician and Kelly is said to have offered him help with his music career, before later propositioning and having sexual contact while he was still underage.
According to the filing, the same teenage boy introduced Kelly to another 16 or 17-year-old boy who the singer allegedly began a relationship with several years later.
Kelly has denied all allegations against him but his lawyers are yet to address the latest claims.
Prosecutors argue that these two accounts and those of others will show that Kelly's alleged crimes 'were not isolated events and were part of a larger pattern'.
The 54-year-old, best known for songs like I Believe I Can Fly and Step In The Name Of Love, was arrested in 2019 and is currently being held without bond at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Chicago.
He is also facing accusations of sexual exploitation of children and has pleaded not guilty to several charges in the states of Illinois, New York and Minnesota.
He is accused of running a so-called ring of managers, bodyguards, and others who allegedly helped him find women and girls to take part in sex and pornography, while the musician exercised control over them.
Opening statements in R Kelly's case are set to begin on August 18, with jury selection taking place the week before.
Metro.co.uk has contacted R Kelly's representative for comment.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Catholic priest accused of sexually abusing teen boys has disappeared, church says
- Long Island jury starts to mull fate of foster father accused of sexually abusing eight boys under his care
- Jury still deciding fate of Long Island foster father accused of sexually abusing eight boys under his care
- Eight Immigrant Boys Sexually Abused by Youth Care Worker in Arizona, Court Documents Claim
- Immigrant Shelter Care Worker Charged With Sexual Abuse Of 8 Children
- Harrisburg Diocese Releases List of Over 70 Clergymen Accused of Child Sexual Abuse
- Everything Pope Francis Has Said About Sexual Abuse In the Past Amid Pennsylvania Grand Jury Report
- Seattle mayor resigns in face of latest sexual abuse accusations
- Hundreds of 'Predator Priests' Sexually Abused Young Victims, Pennsylvania Grand Jury Report Finds
- Mormon church and Boy Scouts of America covered up sexual abuse for decades, lawsuit says
- Metropolitan Opera to investigate sexual abuse claim against conductor James Levine
- Across the nation, priest sexual abuse cases haunt Catholic parishes
- Judge dismisses several counts in Bishop Thomas O'Brien sexual-abuse case
- Long Island foster dad accused of sexually abusing eight children in his care acquitted on all charges
- Priests sexually abused more than 1,000 children in Pennsylvania, grand jury report says
- Trial starts for Long Island foster parent charged with beating, sexually abusing children in his care
- Defrocked Roman Catholic priest convicted of sexually abusing NY teen in 2003 is charged again
- Louisville priest convicted of sexual abuse in the 70s has been denied parole by board
- EXCLUSIVE: Two teen boys charged in sexual abuse of girl with learning disability at Brooklyn school
- Cops bust Brooklyn man accused of sexually abusing 13-year-old boy
R Kelly accused of ‘sexually abusing teenage boy he met in McDonald’s’ ahead of trial have 658 words, post on metro.co.uk at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.