The Daily Mail claims that the "tell-all" memoir previously announced by the 36-year-old, will only be the "tip of the iceberg".
Harry announced this week that he is to release a memoir promising to tell an “accurate and wholly truthful” account of his “highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned”.
Sources say that the Duke of Sussex told publishing houses to begin the bidding war at £18 million with the final figure reaching a possible whopping £29 million, which Random House has said the prince will donate to charity.
Two publishers reportedly flew out from London to Harry’s home in California and took part in an ‘auction’ for the rights to his book.
A source told the Mail: “He conducted negotiations – he had a very ‘take it or leave it’ attitude.
"His starting price was $25million (£18million) and the final figure was way north of that, possibly as much as $35-40million (£25-29million).
“Those involved were actually very shocked by his approach, which was to look at them coldly and state his demands: $25million."
The source went on to claim that Buckingham Palace is sure to be worried with the suggestion that the second book will only be published when the Queen dies.
They continued: "People [will] start asking ‘what has he got, who is he going to target?’ The very idea of this unexploded bomb, hanging about waiting for the Queen to pass, is just extraordinary and may strike many as being in very bad taste."
However, royal reporter Omid Scobie said of the claims: “A report claiming Prince Harry is holding back a second book (of a multi-title deal) for after the Queen's death seems to be wide of the mark.
“A Sussex rep says there's NO project coordinated around such an event, adding that it would be factually inaccurate to suggest otherwise.”
Harry's wife Meghan, 39, is set to write the third book which will be a "wellness" guide.
The announcement of the memoir has already sent tremors through Buckingham Palace and there are fears it could be the "last straw" which marks the "end of the road" for the Prince's relationship with the royal family.
Set to be released in late 2022, Harry has said he is writing it “not as the prince I was born but as the man, I have become”.
The book has been ghost-written by the author and journalist J R Moehringer, who has also collaborated with tennis star Andre Agassi on his memoir, published in 2009.
Get the latest updates on the royal family by signing up to the Daily Star News newsletter .
- Prince Harry's criticism of the Queen's 'cherished' Commonwealth shows he has 'lost the plot' and 'should stop listening to his wife Meghan', royal photographer claims
- Meghan Markle and Harry sign speaking deal that is set to make them millions
- Queen Mother treated 'spare to the heir' Prince Harry drastically differently to William
- Prince Harry’s popularity plummets and many Brits see him as liability for monarchy, poll finds
- Meghan Markle had ‘no intention’ of staying in UK after marrying Prince Harry despite £2.4m refurb to Frogmore cottage
- ‘Eco-warriors’ Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s carbon footprint could be 26 times that of the average Brit
- Prince Harry opens up over death of mum Princess Diana with terror attack survivor
- ‘Troubled’ Prince Harry Partied with Booze and Drugs, Visited Rehab Clinic, Claims Documentary
- Prince Harry thanks author who sent him a book aimed at helping 'children suffering from the bereavement of a loved one' - after watching the royal deal with the loss of his mother at the same age his own father was murdered
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry news: Pair ‘fell in love in a tent’ as Duchess joins Michelle Obama in Girl Up campaign
- Youth leader says the royal family's 'history of colonisation' made her feel 'uncomfortable' about speaking to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on Commonwealth video call - but she was put at ease by the 'relaxed' couple
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Finding Freedom book is reduced on Amazon BEFORE it has even hit the shelves
- Meghan Markle mocks younger husband Prince Harry as he worries about ‘ageing’ in cheeky video clip
- Youth leader who spoke to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle about race admits he was 'sceptical' and feared it would be a 'tick box exercise' but says he found the couple 'warm and engaged'
- Prince Harry’s struggles with LA life revealed
- Prince Harry’s lost the plot to slam the Queen’s beloved Commonwealth ‘club’
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's tell-all book 'may blame William for Megxit'
- Piers Morgan goes on furious rant about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for ‘attacking the Queen’ in new video
- Prince Harry speaks of the ‘challenges of finding resilience’ during coronavirus crisis from garden of £15m LA mansion
- Prince Harry blasted as a ‘complete idiot’ over his Commonwealth comments by Army hero he worked with on PTSD campaign
Prince Harry 'signs four-book deal with one to be released after the Queen dies' have 848 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.