“The Twin Turbo Jet CHALLENGER 605 aircraft was on approach for landing to the Truckee-Tahoe Airport when it impacted heavily treed terrain adjacent to the Truckee-Tahoe Airport along Reynolds Way. No structures or persons on the ground were impacted or harmed in the crash. The number of passengers and crew on board is undetermined at this time,” the release said on Monday.
The crash ignited a fire that has since been contained and poses no threat to the nearby mountain town of Truckee, according to police.
The Truckee-Tahoe Airport announced that it will be closed until Tuesday morning due to the crash.
- Fallbrook pilot killed in NorCal plane crash
- Girl Who Vanished From DC Airport Was Approached by Couple in NYC
- FBI official, dead of 9/11-related cancer, remembered as number of cases grows
- Gatwick live updates – Two arrested for ‘criminal use of drones’ after airport chaos saw hundreds of flights grounded
- Gatwick live updates – Airport reopens after ANOTHER drone sighting causes passenger chaos as cat-and-mouse game continues
- Ethiopian Airlines crash – Brit UN campaigner, 36, and polar expert among 157 killed in plane smash
- California’s healthiest counties are also some of its wealthiest. How healthy is your county?
- California’s healthiest counties are also some of its wealthiest. Is yours on the list?
- Investigators: downdraft caused July Aeromexico crash
- Virgin Galactic Space Plane Travels Twice the Speed of Sound, Commercial Flights Next?
- You Can Thank the Planet's Shifty Magnetic Poles for Airports Renaming Runways
- Atlanta Airport Disaster Will Radiate Travel Hell for Days
- How face recognition tech is helping the police catch criminals
- Two More Bombs Addressed to California Rep. Maxine Waters Intercepted
- Climate change will lead to a less safe world, study says
- ‘The Numbers Are So Staggering.’ Overdose Deaths Set a Record Last Year.
- ‘I pulled a dead young mum from the Thames’: RNLI hero says number of suicides has soared to half of call-outs
- US Airways Flight 1549 Passenger Grateful for Life, and Data
- Jeremy Clarkson rages ‘I hope someone kills the fat sh*t’ Gatwick drone idiot as Rachel Riley faces two day delay
- Energy Star thermostat recommendations spark debate
Plane Crashes Into Woods Near Airport in California, Number Aboard Unknown, Police Say have 336 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.